Well first 4 rounds of the year in the books, what I learned is my game needs work!!!

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
Buuuuuuut my desire is at a all time high to work on it. Just got done with a guys trip to Barefoot Resort and played all four courses. I was impressed with the Love and Fazio courses, Dye was special but brutal and Norman was a tale of two nines, the back being much better design than front.

You guys more in the south are lucky! We are still several weeks away from golf where I'm at. This winter has been long and bad. No chance to play at all since early November.

You guys more in the south are lucky! We are still several weeks away from golf where I'm at. This winter has been long and bad. No chance to play at all since early November.

you are right it's been rough for a lot of people, it was just four of us on this trip, and three of them are from NY, so they where just happy to be able to play. We still had some cold windy conditions on Thursday, but Friday was nice, and Saturday was great. Now looks like a ton of rain in our forecast down here.

Same here. Played three rounds at Lake Lure two weeks ago then a round at home last Sunday. Have been playing indoors sim golf all winter so game isn't too rusty, but something popped in my left eblow and now its all black & blue. Really doesn't fell too bad but looks bad.

I'm ready for some green fairways.

Same here. Played three rounds at Lake Lure two weeks ago then a round at home last Sunday. Have been playing indoors sim golf all winter so game isn't too rusty, but something popped in my left eblow and now its all black & blue. Really doesn't fell too bad but looks bad.

I'm ready for some green fairways.

I have a trip at the end of April down in Charleston with a big group(12+), and that one gets competitive, but i'm going to take the next 6 weeks and really ramp up my practice, like i said in the first post i need some work, my chipping cost me about 20 strokes over the 4 rounds.

I did find one positive on the last 9 of the trip, found out what i can really do with my driver, had 4 holes i hit it on and averaged about 295 with one measured at 312. I had not gotten those type distances in a few years.

Thats great. Sounds like you've got plenty of swing speed early in the season. I know some years it takes a month or so to get loose again. The rounds I played down in NC, I played a Cleveland driver with a little lighter shaft and was really overdoing it. Played my RBZ Tour last Sunday and was hitting it much better.

Thats great. Sounds like you've got plenty of swing speed early in the season. I know some years it takes a month or so to get loose again. The rounds I played down in NC, I played a Cleveland driver with a little lighter shaft and was really overdoing it. Played my RBZ Tour last Sunday and was hitting it much better.

First two days i played my Adams with Oban, just could not get it going, maybe 250-260 on a good swing but still felt lacking, then put the OLD(2007) Taylormade Burner TP with Accra XT60 in play on the last day, and was back to the old days.

I have tried to get some new Drivers to match the flight, distance and feeling i get with the Burner, but so far i can't i don't know what it is.

SIDENOTE : I notice you play the HX Diablo Tour, that is the ball i used most the week and on the longest drive.

SIDENOTE : I notice you play the HX Diablo Tour, that is the ball i used most the week and on the longest drive.

Yeah - picked up 5 dozen for under $10 per doz. about a month ago during Rock Bottom's Callaway sale. Nice ball. Looking forward to playing when the temps are over 60 some day. Probably the best shot I hit all week with an old 7 wood to a soft par 3 green playing level about 185 yards. Flew over the pin and checked within 6 inches of the pitchmark. It was about 50 degrees out so that was some nice carry for that club & ball.

Yeah - picked up 5 dozen for under $10 per doz. about a month ago during Rock Bottom's Callaway sale. Nice ball. Looking forward to playing when the temps are over 60 some day. Probably the best shot I hit all week with an old 7 wood to a soft par 3 green playing level about 185 yards. Flew over the pin and checked within 6 inches of the pitchmark. It was about 50 degrees out so that was some nice carry for that club & ball.

yea good all around ball, great distance, putts well, and spin is better than ok

looks like things are improving weather wise for us this weekend, i could play but i am going to hold true and get two days of practice in instead. Hit driving range, and shooting range Saturday and Sunday and get plenty of practice in for both my hobbies.

Back