First post updated with more details. I listed most as tentative. If you're definitely in let me know and I'll move you in the list.

I'd love to attend, but its the same weekend as the king. I'll be looking forward to maybe another chance to meet up with you guys in late summer.

If there's enough interest, I'd love to be able to do this once a month. Pick a nice course somewhere central to everyone and go play some golf with THPers. There's other groups that do it all the time and they're not even smart enough to be Carolinian, so I'm sure we can handle this one......:beat-up:

If there's enough interest, I'd love to be able to do this once a month. Pick a nice course somewhere central to everyone and go play some golf with THPers. There's other groups that do it all the time and they're not even smart enough to be Carolinian, so I'm sure we can handle this one......:beat-up:

I am up for once a month as long as I am in town

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I'd love to attend, but its the same weekend as the king. I'll be looking forward to maybe another chance to meet up with you guys in late summer.

Maybe we should move this to a weekend when a THP event isn't taking place, especially when it's an event like The King, it's a pretty big event for all of us.

So what would be a good date for everyone? The week prior?

That puts us back into Easter weekend. The weekend before that is the 12th-13th. Not sure who has what planned that weekend. The weekend before that (5th and 6th) a few of us will be in the Columbia, SC area playing with gcruz86 and Michigan Slice.

Rich, I think we should just keep it as it is and like you said earlier if this one goes well we can start having them monthly so if you can't make this one you can always make the next one. I think if we start trying to move the dates around to accommodate everyone it will never happen. For those of you going to the King, I would think almost everyone going to this event would trade spots with you in a heartbeat!!! Just my .02

Well, Thistle is out. No amount of talking would get them to come off of their in season rate of $109 per golfer and $40 additional for the extra 9 holes no matter how many people we had. As much as I love that course, we could play 2 nice courses around Pinehurst/Southern Pines for less than that that are co-located.

I'm back to shopping around for courses a little further south, but the best experience for the money involved may be 36 holes at Foxfire or The Country Club at Whispering Pines here in The Sandhills.

I changed the course to TBD until I can nail down somewhere that will suffice.

Foxfire is looking like the best bet right now. Well under $100, likely under $75 for 2 rounds on 2 different golf courses that are both visually nice with lots of elevation changes and challenging.

More details to come after mightyquinn does a face to face with them, but tentatively it's looking like a great deal for some good golf with some outstanding people.

Here's a link to the Foxfire courses.

http://www.foxfireresortandgolf.com/index.htm

These are serious risk vs. reward courses. There's a lot of tee shots where you long hitters can try to carry it, but it offers bail outs for the more timid players like myself. The rough is thick enough to punish you for not hitting the fairway, but not so bad that you can't get the ball out or lose a bunch of balls because it's overly thick. Nice fairways and nice fast greens with some undulation.

If you want to go to MB I know World Tour is a fun golf course. Nothing to crazy or challenging but a fun place to play with a lot of people. Should be reasonably priced

If you want to go to MB I know World Tour is a fun golf course. Nothing to crazy or challenging but a fun place to play with a lot of people. Should be reasonably priced

I love World Tour, I play there quite often but it's also $109 in April. It's one of the first courses I checked. Unfortunately, everywhere in MB that's anywhere near as nice as where we can play in Pinehurst is double the price in April. At the end of May, the rates drop in MB significantly and make it much more attractive to play there. World Tour goes to $59. So while April will be in Pinehurst, May will be most likely be in SC, with June in Myrtle Beach. I'd love to play Long Bay again.

It's going to be super hard to find somewhere as nice as Foxfire where we can play 2 rounds for under $75 in April.

I love World Tour, I play there quite often but it's also $109 in April. It's one of the first courses I checked. Unfortunately, everywhere in MB that's anywhere near as nice as where we can play in Pinehurst is double the price in April. At the end of May, the rates drop in MB significantly and make it much more attractive to play there. World Tour goes to $59. So while April will be in Pinehurst, May will be most likely be in SC, with June in Myrtle Beach. I'd love to play Long Bay again.

It's going to be super hard to find somewhere as nice as Foxfire where we can play 2 rounds for under $75 in April.

Sounds good to me. Figured most MB courses would be expensive. Never played anywhere in Pinehurst so Foxfire sounds good to me

Sounds good to me. Figured most MB courses would be expensive. Never played anywhere in Pinehurst so Foxfire sounds good to me

You're in for a treat. There are so many great courses in the area.

Everything is good for me going as long as nothing work related pops up

I have off today ... Anyone fancy a round or two? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have off today ... Anyone fancy a round or two? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With the sleet that's coming down right now, if we wait until tomorrow we could be able to drive the green off the tee...... with the putter.

Giving this one a bump after having a blast this weekend in Hilton Head. Are we planning on playing 36 on the 26th?

That's the plan. Early tee times for all.

I will have more details very soon, just trying to recover from HHI for a couple days. After this weekend, there were a few others interested in driving up for the day.

Looking at my calendar and noticed I have something planned in Conway at 7:30 that evening and I have expended all of my "get out of jail free cards" for this particular event. Depending on where/when we play I may (or may not) be able to make it to this one. :(

Just found out that I will not be able to make it this time. My dad just told/surprised me with a trip to MB on the 26th-27th to play three courses in two days. We are playing Kings North, Tigers Eye and Leopards Chase(both of those are in sunset beach). Been working 55 hours a week for the last 7 months for him and he decided it was time that I get a break and to go enjoy a weekend playing golf.

Glad I get to play with my dad but disappointed that I won't be able to make it to my first round with THPers

I'm interested. I take it everyone plays their own golf ball each round? No alternate shot, scramble format etc?

Back