Open Invite to PNW THPrs - 4/13

tequila4kapp

Tom Watson called to say “Hi”
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
Fupresti is coming up to Portland for work in April. We are going to get together for a round of golf on Sunday, April 13, likely with a 12:30-ish tee time. I have a strong lean toward playing Langdon Farms in Wilsonville because it drains extremely well (it is also a fun / good course).

At a minimum we have 2 spots open to fill out our foursome. If the stars align and more THPrs want to join us we can get a couple of tee times.

Fupresti and I are planning on getting dinner together after the round. My family may or may not join us. I am thinking about this brew pub http://www.maxsfannocreek.com/. Obviously, everyone is invited to this too.

Please respond to this thread with your interest - the responses will help keep the invite visible to others.

That sounds sweet, but it's a long drive for me, plus I'll have just gotten back from a Cali trip earlier that week. But depending on what I'm up to that weekend, I may consider it.

Come on people! Let me show you how overrated I am in person :)

Man if Fupresti wasnt going to be there Id definitely be up for this. Oh well maybe next time he's not in town.

Man if Fupresti wasnt going to be there Id definitely be up for this. Oh well maybe next time he's not in town.

Ill bring my MB's for you to mock me about.

Come on Portlanders, someone must want to chase the little white ball around with us.

2 of my favorite THP'ers I wish I was up that way then

Frank, I am coming back up that way soon. This trip should be a little flexible as far as dates, so I will see what I can get worked out this week. Would like nothing more than getting to tee it up with you again especially at langdon farms.

I love that course and should be able to make it if there's still a spot open.

Tap

Possibly can make it out then. Some stuff coming down the line this week that may change that. But so far I wouldn't mind meeting more thp members

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current status:

TK4, Fupresti and TheGeekGolfer are in. Jaysfan and Doc are possible/probable.

The reservation system prevents me from making tee times until later this month so there is still plenty of time for others to join us and make this a two group event.

Wish I could get up there but prob cant swing it.

Cool, looking forward to it. Keep me motivated to work on my game when it's a little dreary outside.

Tap

Not sure if I can make it Sunday, April 13th. That's Masters weekend and I usually do a Masters party with some other golf buddies.

Tap

Thanks for letting me know, TGG. I'm sorry you can't make it, but I understand.

It looks like we have a spot open again (DocTrussel hasn't 100% confirmed yet but it likely to be joining us also). Any PNW THPrs want to join us?

if this is still open I might be interested. love that track, one of my favorites.

if this is still open I might be interested. love that track, one of my favorites.
If you want a spot, you got it Jack. It should be fun watching you and David bomb it :)

Update: we've tentatively a foursome of Fupresti, OJ, myself and Doc.

If you want a spot, you got it Jack. It should be fun watching you and David bomb it :)

Update: we've tentatively a foursome of Fupresti, OJ, myself and Doc.

do you have a guesstimation on price?

do you have a guesstimation on price?
March 30th is the latest Sunday shown on their schedule and those are listed at @$50. I'm guessing it will be in that range.

March 30th is the latest Sunday shown on their schedule and those are listed at @$50. I'm guessing it will be in that range.

I'll try to see if they have any golfnow deals. I've played there for $30 with a golfnow deal, and I doubt I could swing $50 for a round.

I'll try to see if they have any golfnow deals. I've played there for $30 with a golfnow deal, and I doubt I could swing $50 for a round.
I understand but considering we've got two out of towners playing with us I need to make sure I've got a time for the group. I just looked on GN and tee times aren't open for mid April there either. Let's stay in touch to coordinate - would you be making a reservation for 4 players? How early does GN typically allow reservations to be made?

I understand but considering we've got two out of towners playing with us I need to make sure I've got a time for the group. I just looked on GN and tee times aren't open for mid April there either. Let's stay in touch to coordinate - would you be making a reservation for 4 players? How early does GN typically allow reservations to be made?

I'm not sure if langdon even uses gn anymore because there would be times for this week if they did..

Sent from my iTouch using Tapatalk.

All these updates later it appears we are back where we started :bashful:

Geek has a conflict, OJ probably can't swing it and Doc's trip west ended up needing to be rescheduled.

So hey, does anyone in the PNW want to join me and Fupresti for some golf at Langdon Farms on Sunday, April 13 with optional dinner to follow?

Back