Euro Soccer 2013-2014 season (SPOILERS)

Did anybody watch the Liverpool/ManU game? How bad was Sturridge's dive?

Pretty bad. This crap has got to stop. Especially when someone gets a card for it. The diver should be suspended.

Pretty bad. This crap has got to stop. Especially when someone gets a card for it. The diver should be suspended.

Boyd had a bad dive (maybe two) against City.

Sturridge should get two game ban for that dive.

If Brandon Rodgers has any credibility, he will sit Sturridge.

If Brandon Rodgers has any credibility, he will sit Sturridge.

That'll never happen, especially as he's already come out and said Sturridge didn't dive. Diving, I'm afraid, is a part of modern football.
You think the diving is bad in the premier league, wait till the World Cup starts.

That'll never happen, especially as he's already come out and said Sturridge didn't dive. Diving, I'm afraid, is a part of modern football.
You think the diving is bad in the premier league, wait till the World Cup starts.

Watching Neymar will be a treat.

I did like Joe Hart's reaction to Boyd's dive. Other than he got the card and Boyd got nothing.

The Sturridge dive was bad, but the ref saw it differently. What was more disappointing was how Man U reacted when Sturridge was fouled un the area and nothing was called.....because no one on the field wearing red had embellished any thing in that game. And honestly, Joe Hart's reaction was childish. You can't fault a player for doing everything he can to get his team points. If it's not diving, it's pulling a jersey on a set piece, or grabbing your ankle like it's been severed to get the other player carded. I consider all of this a part of the game. It's a dirty side, but part of the game none the less.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

The Sturridge dive was bad, but the ref saw it differently. What was more disappointing was how Man U reacted when Sturridge was fouled un the area and nothing was called.....because no one on the field wearing red had embellished any thing in that game. And honestly, Joe Hart's reaction was childish. You can't fault a player for doing everything he can to get his team points. If it's not diving, it's pulling a jersey on a set piece, or grabbing your ankle like it's been severed to get the other player carded. I consider all of this a part of the game. It's a dirty side, but part of the game none the less.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

Diving has no part in the game. A fifth official could be used at the World Cup. If there's a potential foul in the box, review goes to the booth. If it's a foul, go to the spot. If not, the liar gets a card. Done.

Diving has no part in the game. A fifth official could be used at the World Cup. If there's a potential foul in the box, review goes to the booth. If it's a foul, go to the spot. If not, the liar gets a card. Done.

Unfortunately it is part of the game though. Football will never go to a review system. Ever! Besides, it would be horrible having to stop the game and wait for a tv official to adjudicate. It's fine in American sports where it's stop start. There are plenty of breaks in the play. Football is far more free flowing. Football has always had a policy of the ref's decision is final and that ain't ever gonna change. I mean look how FIFA have been so reluctant to bring in something as simple as goal line technology.
I would like to see a system where blatant dives could be reviewed after games and retroactive action being taken. The same with red cards being revoked if it's shown they've been the victim of a diver.

Unfortunately it is part of the game though. Football will never go to a review system. Ever! Besides, it would be horrible having to stop the game and wait for a tv official to adjudicate. It's fine in American sports where it's stop start. There are plenty of breaks in the play. Football is far more free flowing. Football has always had a policy of the ref's decision is final and that ain't ever gonna change. I mean look how FIFA have been so reluctant to bring in something as simple as goal line technology.
I would like to see a system where blatant dives could be reviewed after games and retroactive action being taken. The same with red cards being revoked if it's shown they've been the victim of a diver.

Post match yellow cards may help. But that won't take a penalty off the board if a PK results from the dive. Which is a shame.

EPL TV and Internet Viewing Schedule
All times Eastern.

Wednesday, March 19:

• Manchester United vs Olympiakos (Champions League), 3:45pm, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Soccer 2Go

Thursday, March 20:

• Benfica vs Tottenham (Europa League), 2pm, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Soccer 2Go

Meanwhile driving around in Manchester this afternoon.

bjfq-uhcaae3gwk.jpg

Will be interesting to see which ManU team shows up today. I'm not expecting a lot though. The back end has been horrendous this year.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I knew this was going to be a Refereing bloodbath once I saw that yellow on Manolas.

Cheap Penalty.

Referee vs. Olympiacos 1-0

It was about as clear cut as penalties get.

I missed the first 8 minutes of the game, so how did Valencia get the closed eye? Clash of heads? They didn't show it at half time

I missed the first 8 minutes of the game, so how did Valencia get the closed eye? Clash of heads? They didn't show it at half time

Yep. Thought that was a pretty good Man U performance actually until the last 15 mins or so when they sat back a little. Just hope the English clubs have a kind draw. It might be best if they draw each other.

It was about as clear cut as penalties get.
sure it was.

Just like that foul was. Hahaha

It's unfortunate that uefa won't let the little guy through and has to push a club like MUFC.

sure it was.

It's unfortunate that uefa won't let the little guy through and has to push a club like MUFC.

Hahaha. Right. Because the other Manchester team and a London team got easy draws.

No, no. He's right. It wasn't officiated well, but it went both ways. To say that ManU was handed the game is quite silly. The back end finally showed up. The second half they didn't let Olym. penetrate. I didn't expect them to come back at all. The club that showed up today has only shown up 3-5 other times all year. I'm sure next game we'll see the inconstancy again.

sure it was.

Well, obviously with a name like OUZO power, you aren't gonna be too happy with the result, but generally, if you barge into someone from behind in the box, it's a penalty.
I'm no United fan, but I think they deserved the result today.

I was shocked man u got through. I saw none of the game.

BjQTSxSIAAAHqsV.jpg

Oh well Man U had a nice run

Last edited:
Chelsea a tough one too.

Chelsea a tough one too.
no doubt at this stage they are all tough but if there were 2 teams to avoid I think Barcelona & Bayern would be those 2

Back