Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Weather looks to be pretty scrappy the next couple weeks...

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Weather looks to be pretty scrappy the next couple weeks...

No such thing as bad weather. There's only bad outerwear.

Eh....I'm not very good with the cold.

My wife and I have to move to Chicago for a year (end of april) and I'll be looking for some like minded golfers to meet up with and get acquainted with the local courses. Just letting you know that you'll have someone new in town.... I'm an early morning weekday kind of player so if you can do it, let me know!

My wife and I have to move to Chicago for a year (end of april) and I'll be looking for some like minded golfers to meet up with and get acquainted with the local courses. Just letting you know that you'll have someone new in town.... I'm an early morning weekday kind of player so if you can do it, let me know!

Where to? Lots of us here

I'll be living in downtown Chicago, but I'm used to driving 60-90 min to play here in LA, so I'm pretty wide open when it comes to meeting up.

Are there any clubs worth joining within the city limits?

I'll be living in downtown Chicago, but I'm used to driving 60-90 min to play here in LA, so I'm pretty wide open when it comes to meeting up.

There are a couple of private clubs within city limits, but they are on the far south side. Not really close to downtown.

www.cpdgolf.com for public park golf courses within the city.

There are tons of options less than an hour drive from downtown.

Lots of great courses about an hour north of the city. Most of us are north I think.

Good to know. Glad to see there's a range in the city.

Are any of the parks districts courses any good? Here in LA the parks districts courses are sub par (no pun intended.) They cost as much as the privately owned public courses and are not very well kept, nor very challenging. I would really like to find a "local" course that I can get out to by myself when I can't find anyone to play with at a nicer course.

Good to know. Glad to see there's a range in the city.

Are any of the parks districts courses any good? Here in LA the parks districts courses are sub par (no pun intended.) They cost as much as the privately owned public courses and are not very well kept, nor very challenging. I would really like to find a "local" course that I can get out to by myself when I can't find anyone to play with at a nicer course.

Marovitz on the north side is your best bet for quality in the city. They recently renovated most of the bunkers, so they are actually playable. Avoid on the weekends, as extremely slow play is the norm.

Marquette park was ok. I haven't played there in a number of years though.

I play most of my rounds at Robert A Black. It's short, but a quick 9.

All of the courses are very walkable. There isn't a lot of elevation change anywhere in Chicago.

Bets bet for times to play are during the week. It stays light late enough in the summer where you can get 9 in after work easily.

Marovitz on the north side is your best bet for quality in the city. They recently renovated most of the bunkers, so they are actually playable. Avoid on the weekends, as extremely slow play is the norm.

Marquette park was ok. I haven't played there in a number of years though.

I play most of my rounds at Robert A Black. It's short, but a quick 9.

All of the courses are very walkable. There isn't a lot of elevation change anywhere in Chicago.

Bets bet for times to play are during the week. It stays light late enough in the summer where you can get 9 in after work easily.

I just saw that course. Looks great for the area. I can get there in 10 minutes from where I'll be.... I might make it part of my morning routine.

I absolutely hate slow play, so I tend to avoid weekend golf in general (unless it's a planned outing)

That Advantage card thing looks like a good deal. $30 for $5 off each round... I'll play 3-5 times a week and save a ton of cash!

I just saw that course. Looks great for the area. I can get there in 10 minutes from where I'll be.... I might make it part of my morning routine.

I absolutely hate slow play, so I tend to avoid weekend golf in general (unless it's a planned outing)

That Advantage card thing looks like a good deal. $30 for $5 off each round... I'll play 3-5 times a week and save a ton of cash!

Yeah it's a good deal. You save at the Diversey range as well. Let's get together for a round once you've moved.

Some pretty good courses west of the city too. Come on out!

Waking up to snow... I hate Chicago.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I'm in Milwaukee but heading down home soon. Snow would make me cry.....

I'm in Milwaukee but heading down home soon. Snow would make me cry.....

Just stay there then...
yhy5udej.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Good courses out there. Get out and play Trilogy at Vistancia in Peoria if u can . Great track. Right by my parents place out there.

If u sign up for their email specials u get some pretty good stuff as well. And u can spend all day at the range before and after your round for free

Good courses out there. Get out and play Trilogy at Vistancia in Peoria if u can . Great track. Right by my parents place out there.

Sweet thanks I'll check that one out. It wasn't on my list before. There are so many amazing courses there, it's an embarrassment of riches. Was looking at playing We-ko-pa, Papago, and Biltmore Adobe. Any experience with those?

Sweet thanks I'll check that one out. It wasn't on my list before. There are so many amazing courses there, it's an embarrassment of riches. Was looking at playing We-ko-pa, Papago, and Biltmore Adobe. Any experience with those?

They're decent...played we and papa a couple times....and Biltmore once. Not my favorites out there but it's golf.

No snow in Milwaukee!
huvu4ema.jpg

Back