DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just getting over whatever I have had since Tuesday. Still don't have all my strength back but feeling much better this morning.
Oh wow, you too TBD? Something in the air or water down here.

Any of of you DFW folks interested in going to an Aimpoint Express green reading clinic? I did a mid-point clinic a couple of years ago, but want to learn the Express method. Think this would be an easy and efficient way to take some guess work out of reading greens. There are a couple of good instructors for this in the area, and from what I have seen would probably cost about $100.

I might be. Isn't there an aimpoint guy in Lewisville?

Any of of you DFW folks interested in going to an Aimpoint Express green reading clinic? I did a mid-point clinic a couple of years ago, but want to learn the Express method. Think this would be an easy and efficient way to take some guess work out of reading greens. There are a couple of good instructors for this in the area, and from what I have seen would probably cost about $100.

Put me down as interested. Would we be getting enough ppl together to have our own clinic?

Had a good time playing PV today with Dru. The cap'n was having a rough go of it until I told him we could play the back nine match play & I gave him a stroke a hole. Bad decision. He closed me out on the 8th hole (#17) with a solid par.

Felt weird shooting a 79 & getting beat.

There's always next time.

Forgot to add... I finally made par on #15. :banana:

Had a good time playing PV today with Dru. The cap'n was having a rough go of it until I told him we could play the back nine match play & I gave him a stroke a hole. Bad decision. He closed me out on the 8th hole (#17) with a solid par.

Felt weird shooting a 79 & getting beat.

There's always next time.

I played like crap on the front, but kinda turned it around on the back. Hope I dont play like that this weekend.

I might be. Isn't there an aimpoint guy in Lewisville?
Yeah, it is Andrew Lewis, that used to be at Indian Creek. I took the mid-point green reading clinic with him there. He is ok, but we have two other options. Dennis Sales is at Texas Star in Euless, and Stephen Aumock at Glen Eagles in Plano. Dennis would the most central if some the western portion of the area want to go. He has a clinic on 3/28 for $100. Glen Eagles would probably be the nicest facilities, but least central for everyone. We could probably set up our own group and time with any of the guys. If you want to get info on each of those guys they all have websites to get info on. I have also chatted with Dennis on Twitter since he works with a girl that competes with my daughter. Seems like a good guy. I have not met Stephen Aumock, but heard good things about him. If we can get a head count and some possible dates and preferences on instructors I can set it up. Just let me know.

Yeah, it is Andrew Lewis, that used to be at Indian Creek. I took the mid-point green reading clinic with him there. He is ok, but we have two other options. Dennis Sales is at Texas Star in Euless, and Stephen Aumock at Glen Eagles in Plano. Dennis would the most central if some the western portion of the area want to go. He has a clinic on 3/28 for $100. Glen Eagles would probably be the nicest facilities, but least central for everyone. We could probably set up our own group and time with any of the guys. If you want to get info on each of those guys they all have websites to get info on. I have also chatted with Dennis on Twitter since he works with a girl that competes with my daughter. Seems like a good guy. I have not met Stephen Aumock, but heard good things about him. If we can get a head count and some possible dates and preferences on instructors I can set it up. Just let me know.

Dennis knows his stuff & sure can golf a ball.
You got to get used to his accent though. The 1st time I meet him we had to have a translator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dennis knows his stuff & sure can golf a ball.
You got to get used to his accent though. The 1st time I meet him we had to have a translator.

I thought he was from England! Glad someone else had the same experience!

Put me down as interested.

I thought he was from England! Glad someone else had the same experience!

Put me down as interested.

Close, Rhode Island actually. We had an hour long conversation at a mutual friend's house right after he moved here & had no clue what either of us were saying.

Close, Rhode Island actually. We had an hour long conversation at a mutual friend's house right after he moved here & had no clue what either of us were saying.

I thought he had some of that Northern bluntness too, if you know what I mean ...

does it involve taking out a chart every time you putt? not sure I want to do that...
My understanding is with the express read you do not need the charts. Somehow involves holding your hand up and judging the aimpoint.

Here is a running list of those interested. I will give it a day or so and contact one of the guys about setting it up.

1) Bigtex
2) Baldguy
3) WardF
4) BuckeyeMark
5) TexasBubba

Last edited:
my wife is a yankee, so I can try to interpret as necessary :D

BTW, 18 holes with WardF's SeeMore FGP2 and I'm in love... he isn't getting it back without a fight!

I have an ideal golfer pass at Keller's Sky Creek Ranch that I need to use.
Gonna try and use it Thursday if anyone wants to join.

I have an ideal golfer pass at Keller's Sky Creek Ranch that I need to use.
Gonna try and use it Thursday if anyone wants to join.
Would love to, but I'll already be IN LAKE CHARLES!

Here is a running list of those interested. I will give it a day or so and contact one of the guys about setting it up.

1) Bigtex
2) Baldguy
3) WardF
4) BuckeyeMark

You can put me on the interested list but it depends on when and where. I'm like-warm so don't make any decisions based on my opinion.

Just throwing this out there since I will be there in about a week after the Lake Charles event.
I have a bunch of stuff for sale that I could take the shipping costs out of the equation if anyone
in the DFW area is interested.
Don't want to jumble up the thread with pics so if you are interested just shoot me a pm and I will get back to you.
All clubs are stiff shafts except Amp cell pro which is x stiff.

Amp Cell 3/4 wood, Mashie M3 M4 and F3, Amp cell driver with Matrix black tie 6M3, Mizuno MP-32 forged irons 5-PW
Cleveland TL 310 9.5 degree driver with Miyazaki C Kua shaft, TMade ghost spider belly putter, Amp Cell pro driver,
Bridgestone J40 56 degree wedge, Cleveland Classic XL 9 degree with Miyazaki B Asha shaft,
and Adams CB3 irons 4-GW with KBS tour black smoke shafts 1 inch longer than std.

i know a lot of you guys to like to have events or get together's about once a month. have you ever thought about the Eagle golf card? The card is $220 + tax and you get 10 rounds of golf. You can get use it on weekends or holidays to. Tough to beat a round of golf for $24 on a weekend/holiday. There's also an additional deal that comes with it. PM for more info or visit me at Fossil Creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back