Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

I'm in Milwaukee but heading down home soon. Snow would make me cry.....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

We didn't have snow up near me, so maybe you will have missed it, too. How is the back coming along?

They're decent...played we and papa a couple times....and Biltmore once. Not my favorites out there but it's golf.

Cool thanks. So other than trilogy, any other recommendations? I should also say that historically, desert style courses tend to kill me.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

No snow in Milwaukee!
huvu4ema.jpg

Not a flake west of the city.

We didn't have snow up near me, so maybe you will have missed it, too. How is the back coming along?

Back is feeling better. Chiro wanted me to rest until Monday so I'll be back at it hard core this week....

Cool thanks. So other than trilogy, any other recommendations? I should also say that historically, desert style courses tend to kill me.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Hmmmm I love desert courses. We usually play a lot of stuff that is not close to Scottsdale. Copper Canyon, Palm Valley, 500 Club, Foothills(really like this one), Club West I've played and enjoyed. I will say I tend to stay away from the high cost courses due to budget restraints....lots of golfnow usage.

I hate snow. One of the only ways I agreed to move was by making my wife promise me I could take a golf weekend somewhere warm every two weeks between November and April. I'm already spending at least a month in Hawaii between Dec and Jan, and I'm sure I'll spend some time back here in LA.... hopefully I don't have to see too much of that gross white stuff.

I'm playing Cog #1 next Sunday morning. Looking forward to finally getting out. It's gonna be cold but at least the snow is melted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Make sure you've entered the contest for a spot in the #personaldistance event with Wilson Golf. It's going to be awesome, and really easy for us to get to!

Hey All- I was out at Costco today and happened to come across something called the Chicagoland Golf Club pass. (http://chicagolandgolfclub.com/courses-and-rates/). Any of you have any experience with it? $199 for the pass. Includes a $125 Green Fee Credit. I think this sounds like a great deal given the courses and greens fees. Anyone else have any thoughts? Considering dialing it up, but wanted to get some input from the THPers.

Hey All- I was out at Costco today and happened to come across something called the Chicagoland Golf Club pass. (http://chicagolandgolfclub.com/courses-and-rates/). Any of you have any experience with it? $199 for the pass. Includes a $125 Green Fee Credit. I think this sounds like a great deal given the courses and greens fees. Anyone else have any thoughts? Considering dialing it up, but wanted to get some input from the THPers.

I've seen it and checked it out a while back but I believe there were a bunch of restrictions on tee times and such. I haven't looked lately though.

Hey costco had 100% money back guarantee right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the available courses it is most definitely a PASS (no pun intended). The Chicago Golf Pass offers a much better deal and there's a groupon on it right now for $22: http://www.groupon.com/deals/2014-chicago-golf-pass. I get it every year. On some of the courses you get the same deal anyway, but on others I've managed to save some money for myself and fellow THPers (the course guys usually will give the whole group the rate) on a few occasions. $200 for a discount pass ($75 of which is basically the pass's cost) is crazy to me.

Do you find that with the pass you find better deals than with golfnow or similar sites? I'm intrigued for $22

I always book with golfnow and then present my card at check in and get the better of the 2 deals - assuming I'm at one of the listed courses. The pass usually offers the better deal but a few times it's the same. I forget which courses but it's only a few that regularly has the same rate as the pass's rate. Pretty much whatever time I book the rate's a little better with the pass.

Looking at the available courses it is most definitely a PASS (no pun intended). The Chicago Golf Pass offers a much better deal and there's a groupon on it right now for $22: http://www.groupon.com/deals/2014-chicago-golf-pass. I get it every year. On some of the courses you get the same deal anyway, but on others I've managed to save some money for myself and fellow THPers (the course guys usually will give the whole group the rate) on a few occasions. $200 for a discount pass ($75 of which is basically the pass's cost) is crazy to me.
These are two different passes...the Costco pass looks to have far less a.m. weekend restrictions. I haven't done the math to see if its a good deal or not (for me)... The Costco pass has different courses as well. Prairie landing and Thunder hawk are on it... no restrictions!

Saw people playing at chick Evans today. Seemed to be pretty much free of snow. Season is nearing and I can't wait.

Indian Boundary was pretty clear on Friday. Still very soggy in places, especially greens and tees, but you could get out there.

These are two different passes...the Costco pass looks to have far less a.m. weekend restrictions. I haven't done the math to see if its a good deal or not (for me)... The Costco pass has different courses as well. Prairie landing and Thunder hawk are on it... no restrictions!

After reading a little bit more about it, I have some reservations. According to the website, you have to reserve a "membership slot" at the course you want to play and then reserve a tee time through the course. There are only a certain number of available membership slots per course per day.

If you could play Thunderhawk and Prairie Landing a couple of times on the pass, it would be well worth it. I'm just not sure how difficult it would be to get those slots for the day?

After reading a little bit more about it, I have some reservations. According to the website, you have to reserve a "membership slot" at the course you want to play and then reserve a tee time through the course. There are only a certain number of available membership slots per course per day.

If you could play Thunderhawk and Prairie Landing a couple of times on the pass, it would be well worth it. I'm just not sure how difficult it would be to get those slots for the day?

Yeah, I would want to talk to somebody who used this specific system (pass) before. Seems to be a bit of a hassle? There are some good courses with no restrictions though. The restrictions always get me with these deals. I try to play before 7am on the weekend...they don't want to let you do that unless you are paying full fare.

Not a good start....

9eqa7u7e.jpg

Seems like it will never end. Sunday calling for 60. That could make us all smile for a day.

Jeff
sent using tapatalk

Here's hoping

First person who complains that it's too hot this summer gets punched in the throat.

First person who complains that it's too hot this summer gets punched in the throat.

Won't be me....

Back