Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

Anyone playing these at less than standard length? I'm awaiting an X hot hybrid from the bay and am thinking about having it cut down just bit. It seems to me the stock length didn't change between the 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Anyone playing these at less than standard length? I'm awaiting an X hot hybrid from the bay and am thinking about having it cut down just bit. It seems to me the stock length didn't change between the 2.

I have mine cut down 1/4" from stock. More center of the face hits and more consistent distance is never a bad thing, which is exactly what I've seen so far.

Actually, now I'm thinking about replacing my 4w and two hybrids with a BB 3w and 5w and 22° X2Hot hybrid. That should cover all gaps at the long end of the bag. I haven't hit the BB fairway yet though. Sounds like I need to swing by the shop on my way home again tonight.

Definitely an option. Check the bb fw thread, great reviews there. I love mine

Question for those that have these already. Are you able to choke up on these to knock of ~10 yards somewhat reliably? That's a go to shot for me with my current 4H.

Hawk, the 3/5 combo sounds interesting. I'm still on a buying freeze but planning on doing some reorganization once I can get some time with my pro & fitter.

Haven't really tried that I recall, but it's really early in the year. 3/5 would be just about perfect I think, but I'd have to lose the fwy wood. Maybe not a terrible idea really, but too late now.

Nope. Length is just fine by me.

I believe lmh3 has his cut down a bit to cover his gaps better

I have mine cut down 1/4" from stock. More center of the face hits and more consistent distance is never a bad thing, which is exactly what I've seen so far.

This is what I'm looking for. I've found that just about every club in the top of my bag is playing less than the standard length. I'm not in search of the "distance" that is advertised as much as the consistency of center strikes. I think taking a little off the hybrid length will help me hit the center more often and be able to trust the distance.

Well you guys have gone and done it. I'm going to have to go hit this at lunch. Mashie beware!

Well you guys have gone and done it. I'm going to have to go hit this at lunch. Mashie beware!

There are actually some things about it that remind me of the Mashie, though most are aesthetic. Visually it's got some similarities to me.

This is what I'm looking for. I've found that just about every club in the top of my bag is playing less than the standard length. I'm not in search of the "distance" that is advertised as much as the consistency of center strikes. I think taking a little off the hybrid length will help me hit the center more often and be able to trust the distance.

Exactly right Andy. I think it also is helping with gapping at the top of the bag, although I don't know if 1/4" does very much in the way of that.

There are actually some things about it that remind me of the Mashie, though most are aesthetic. Visually it's got some similarities to me.

Sounds good. Sounds as easy to hit as well. I need a 215-220 hybrid (mashie 4 is 190-200) and maybe a 240 hybrid if possible as I am 100% more confident in a hybrid off the deck than a fairway wood.

I have the 3 and 4 as well. I have only played once with them. Still waiting for my new irons to get here. Did notice a gap with current gamers but hoping the Apex 5i will fill the gap.

I have the Apex 4i and the X2Hot pro 3h (18*). There is definitely a gap between the two. The 4i is in the 215 range, and the X2Hot is in the 230-240 range.

Honestly, though, I rarely see a 225ish gap that's really an issue. I'm working on a soft 3h to deal with it.

I have the Apex 4i and the X2Hot pro 3h (18*). There is definitely a gap between the two. The 4i is in the 215 range, and the X2Hot is in the 230-240 range.

Honestly, though, I rarely see a 225ish gap that's really an issue. I'm working on a soft 3h to deal with it.

Little butter cut???

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

That Mashie is shaking nervously in the bag right now.

Crazy to think this hybrid is so much better than last year's model. 3H has become my must-hit-fairway club off the tee.

I am currently gaming the X2 pro 18* and it is 10 yard longer than the original x hots hybrids for me anyways. I ended up ordering a 20* since after the 18* is my 5 iron. Also have the Kuro Kage black 80 on these.

Little butter cut???

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

If I could hit a cut in general, that would be a useful shot.

Knockdown draw/hook is the current technique.

Another revelation from these hybrids (that I never thought I would have).

The X2Hot is so easy to hit that I'm contemplating dropping the 4i and replacing it with a 4h. I just need to see what the gap would be between the 4h and 5i.

Is there a 5h option? Might gap better.

The X2Hot is so easy to hit that I'm contemplating dropping the 4i and replacing it with a 4h. I just need to see what the gap would be between the 4h and 5i.

I have been thinking the opposite lately...adding a 4 iron back into the bag since the Apex long irons are so easy to hit. Then last week I had a 210 yard shot out of the trees from semi-rough. I had to get the ball up very quickly to get over 50 foot trees, and had to start it over the OB and fade it back against the wind. I hit a perfect shot to the middle of the green. As soon as I hit the shot I thought, "I could NEVER have hit that shot with a 4 iron".

The X2 Hot hybrids are just so versatile, for me I'm over the 4 iron lusting.

I don't think I can carry a 5h. I just can't do it yet.

#Elite

Distance wise it's just going to function as 4h. If anything it could make you feel macho.

You thinking pro 22* or standard 23*? My 23* plays nicely on top of my 4 iron.

You thinking pro 22* or standard 23*? My 23* plays nicely on too of my 4 iron.

I never really thought about that. I presumed the pro. I'll have to look at both and see which works better.

Went to DSG's today at lunch...in fact I went to two locations...and neither of them had the x2hot pro. They had a few x2hot's but not the pro version. I have to say tho, I liked the look of the regular x2hot...not and offset or closed face that I expected. And yes, very much reminded me of the Mashie. I am going to need to hit one of these ASAP. Looks liked EW will get a visit from me this weekend!

Back