Counterweight on putter

ulle73

Reaction score
Handicap
Im thinking of ordering a 100g weight to put in My puttershaft/grip. Anyone tried a 100g? Im delivering the putter pretty good. Quite solid according to iping. But want to get better ofc. So if all i want is to minimize rotations in arms/wrists. The heavier counterweight the better?

Be careful at that weight, without adding to the head you could very well lose the feeling of where the head is throughout the stroke. For me, the 40-50g range is usually where that starts to happen, but we are all different. 100g is a lot though IMO.

Be careful at that weight, without adding to the head you could very well lose the feeling of where the head is throughout the stroke. For me, the 40-50g range is usually where that starts to happen, but we are all different. 100g is a lot though IMO.

Yes. But never really had problems with lenght control. So the heavier the less rotation?

Yes. But never really had problems with lenght control. So the heavier the less rotation?

I'm not talking length control, I'm just saying that the head will feel a LOT lighter than it does through the stroke for you now. In the end the only way to know how it effect you is to try it.

I would take Jman's advice

I would think that starting slow with 20 grams of weight add more if need you could add some weight with a heavier grip

When I back weight I usually go no heavier than about 25g. 100g I think would make you lose all feeling opt the head.

Jman has done this a few times and he has a great mind to pick. I would stick with something lower and go up from there. Maybe you do enjoy the 100g but if it were me I wouldn't make that big of a jump.

Super easy way to test incremental weights is to tape a bunch of quarters to the but-end, then add or reduce coins as needed. Not sure what coins are available for the krona??? Here a quarter weights roughly 5-grams.

Then once you find the weight you like, remove the grip and install the proper butt weight.

I have 250g in the end of my putter but the putter head itself is 500g (standard putters are generally around 350g) If you don't add weight to the club head the back weighting will hurt.

If I were to add three inches to the putter via an extension would this throw off the overall balance of the putter?

Im thinking of ordering a 100g weight to put in My puttershaft/grip. Anyone tried a 100g? Im delivering the putter pretty good. Quite solid according to iping. But want to get better ofc. So if all i want is to minimize rotations in arms/wrists. The heavier counterweight the better?

That's exactly the tour lock weight I bought & installed in my Scotty this winter. Only rolled it on carpet & during weekly sim rounds... But feels so much better. Very solid. Do it! 100 gram is the most common from my online searches.

Back