ebay question....

gcruz86

Reaction score
Ebay virgin here. So, I decided to sell some stuff I hadn't been using for a while. Buyer won the bid on Saturday, 3/22. Buyer had 100% approval rating. Sent him 2 invoices already and still no response or payment. Should I go ahead and relist or wait?

Check the ebay rules. You will have to file a non-paying bidder claim to avoid paying the crazy fee ebay charges for items sold even if he does not pay. If the rules say you are eligible to file it now, I would send him one more invoice stating a date he must pay by or you will be forced to file a non-paying bidder claim.

If give him a week and if there is still no communication I would relist the item/s and notify the buyer that he has forfeited the purchase.

On my second invoice, I notified the buyer that he has until the end of today to pay. Have you guys ever tried contacting a buyer with the information provided by ebay?

yes just contact buyer give them 24 hrs. if they don't reply relist had to do this twice..

The relisting is an option but has it not crossed your mind that the guy may be on holiday this week?

I would at least give the guy until next Monday morning to reply to your invoces. The problem you now have is that being as you have already given him a time ultimatum of today, if he is on hols and gets home on Saturday he may not bother to reply anyway as he may think you don't want his business.

I sent him a text and it looks like that got the ball rolling. Now, for expensive items, do you just do delivery confirmation or do you require a signature?

I always require signature reciept for high dollar items.

On my second invoice, I notified the buyer that he has until the end of today to pay. Have you guys ever tried contacting a buyer with the information provided by ebay?

Sure, I always send an email to the contact name shown on the notification of end of auction. But two invoices tell me something is amiss.

I sent him a text and it looks like that got the ball rolling. Now, for expensive items, do you just do delivery confirmation or do you require a signature?

I usually do not require a signature. Some people have no one at home when UPS or USPS delivers. I know I hate to have someone do that. You will have confirmation on where the package was left by driver as part of tracking info. If there is a problem, eBay has a process.

I only require a signature if they specifically ask for it.

I think if you don't require signature confirmation, you might not be eligible for the seller protection that eBay provides (not sure what that entails, as I've never had to use it).

Lately I have had to text the buyer's using the info eBay supplies to get people to pay. I don't understand some people waiting days to pay, if you don't want the item don't bid!
I have been on eBay since 2001 and I have never required a signature unless it was like a high priced item ($500+). Usually normal insurance and tracking is more than sufficient.

Ebay virgin here. So, I decided to sell some stuff I hadn't been using for a while. Buyer won the bid on Saturday, 3/22. Buyer had 100% approval rating. Sent him 2 invoices already and still no response or payment. Should I go ahead and relist or wait?

Been stiffed a number of times myself and found out the hard way that only way to protect yourself is to open a dispute resolution case as soon as permitted. Kept trying to be Mr Nice Guy and giving people more time to pay and it just prolonged process unnecessarily. Ended up missing a "holiday" gift sale opportunity that way. If you relist without opening case and then guy pays, you get stuck with the bad feedback and hassle. good luck

Expensive = Signature

Back