Would you switch to the other side of the ball if...

Would you switch to the other side of the ball if...

• Total voters

TimG3394

Lost: Center of clubface
Reaction score
Handicap
9ish
Not sure why, but I was just sitting here and thought about this.

If you were given the opportunity to switch to the other side of the ball (Right hander to left etc) would you, if you were given free instruction, free equipment, and free golf for the rest of your life?

Thinking about it, I would. I would get rid of swing that has bad habits ingrained and I think in the long run I would be a better player.

So how about you, escape reality for a minute and think about it.

Probably not. I have worked too hard to get where I am now to just throw it all away. I would have to think a while if given the choice though.

Sure. I use to switch hit in baseball throughout high school. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to get use to it. Not saying I would be good, but with free everything, I wouldn't mind putting in the time.

Not a chance. I've played with the same swing for 35 years and there is no amount of instruction or time that would allow me to play as well as a lefty.

I would switch to lefty. Can't be any worse than righty.

Absolutely. I've thought about it anyways, being a lefty and all.

I would totally give it a try if the equipment was free. I think there could be a lot to learn from starting over completely from scratch.

Do I think it would work out? Not really, and I am pretty sure nobody is going to get me the equipment for free.

If I could try to see if it was possible first, sure. I know myself well enough to know I probably would not be able to golf lefty.

yea, i would. i shot lefty in hockey, always wondered if i would have been a better golfer that way too

Sign me up, I might even do it if I was only allowed to use one arm.

Do everything else in life left handed so why not try golf given the stated perks!

I have actually tried golfing left handed( my writing hand) but I started playing hockey and baseball using the right. At this moment think it's too late to switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im a lefty that golfs right so id consider but Ive got too much time invested haha. Even with all those lessons and extras it still takes time

Probably so, played a number of rounds as a youngster with my cousins lefty set and outcome at that point was about the same as from the right side (both horrible but equally so)

I don't think I would switch. Free or not. I would be so very frustrated that it would drive me insane.

I'm a leftie that plays right handed, so free golf for life to switch with instruction? Sure.

I actually can play righty, but lefty just feels right (no pun intended)

so yeah, I guess that I could switch if I was offered free coaching and gear ;)

I have a hard enough time from the right side to switch sides would cost me all the practice time i have put in already

I don't think I could. I have played with some left handers and tried hitting shots that way and it feels ackward, I would continue to play RH.

No, there's more cool gear out there for a righty!

I was a pure switch hitter in baseball...so I would give it a shot

I mean heck the 3 best lefthanders ever to play golf are all right handers that play golf left handed......Bob Charles, Phil and Mike Weir all are natural righties.

I'm actually considering switching now. I was a good hitter playing baseball, and I swing a bat left handed...also write leftie. But, I throw right, and my dominant/strong arm is my right arm.

So to answer the question, absolutely I would.

Not a chance. I'm comfortable where I'm at. I have no interest in hitting left handed.

I am naturally left handed and play right handed, so I would switch. Easy decision.

50 years ago, maybe. Now? No way. At 66 years old I'm pretty set in my ways, and a lifetime of free golf, instruction and equipment doesn't have much appeal.

Back