AndreaIT

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone thinking of switching 4h with 9w (23ish degrees)? My longest iron in the bag is a 6i and frankly I cannot see much djfference in distance between 4h and 5h... But maybe it's just me!

What are you hoping to gain in the switch? Not too many 9w or even 7w users out there these days, but there are some people I know who do really well with them.

I would have dismissed this as ridiculous shenanigans last year, but I hit some dude's X Hot 11 wood (25* I think) in the store and dang was it easy and definitely a few yards longer than my 6 iron. I wouldn't want to do it mainly because of turf interaction, but I can definitely see the very high lofted FW's working for folks who need that extra launch and distance.

I love my beat up 22* Cleveland Launcher 7 wood I bought for $9 off the bay a couple of months ago. Purchased it out of frustration with hybrids. I can hit the thing anywhere from 175 - 200. Was going to refinish the head to make it look better but decided against it since I hit it so well as is. Have never seen a 9 wood to my recollection but it now may be something I seek out as I never dreamed I would game a 7 wood.

Thanks guys. Correct...bit more distance and launch. Maybe I am also messing up with different hybrid models and, although I really love x2hot hybos, sometimes I hit my jetspeed 5h farther than my x2hot 4h and so my question. However turf interaction is a very good point

Back