Club Fitting, cost expectations?

gr8dryv

Big Boned
Reaction score
Handicap
Job & Kids
I'm going to stop by a local very reputable custom club fitter today. What can I expect to pay if I go all out and get my driver and 3 wood re-shafted with graphite and my irons reshafted (steel) and loft& lie adjustment?

Cost will range all over the place from flat fee to hourly rate plus cost of materials obviously. Have you asked him? The guy i want to go to is $140/hr. :bulgy-eyes:

Yeah it's all over the place. Some fitters will credit the cost of a fitting to any equipment you buy, but I'd say expect at least $100 for the fitting. Shafts on average can cost a couple to a few hundred while iron steel shafts could range from a couple to a few hundred, depending on how many irons you do. The loft lie adjustment shouldn't be all that much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ya that is what I was figuring. I picked the irons up last year with the intent of getting them adjusted and fit, figuring I'd still come out well below the cost of new. My visit today is exploratory to get some numbers and if looking good I'll make an appointment for fitting.

Ya that is what I was figuring. I picked the irons up last year with the intent of getting them adjusted and fit, figuring I'd still come out well below the cost of new. My visit today is exploratory to get some numbers and if looking good I'll make an appointment for fitting.

I would definitely ask about the cost of fitting going towards your purchase. There is a well known guy near me who doesn't advertise it but if you ask he will put half of the fitting cost towards your purchase.

Yup, I asked that question and the price of fitting would go towards my purchase. I'll get to the range a few times before I set it up with him but I left there very impressed with his shop and knowledge. Reshafting and adjustment would be anywhere from 55-75/club for the irons depending on the shaft & grip.

Back