I Need Some Help Please......

Dunn6253

Reaction score
Handicap
practice
Would appreciate any and all comments guys. I know one thing I have been trying to work on is keeping my left arm straight as possible. Excuse my big belly and awful form.

My miss is a hard slice. Normal ball flight is a little fade. Never hit a draw with the driver.

Wow my swing is really ugly looking at it on video. :at-wits-end:

I'm sure freddie will get you fixed up, but what I see is a lot more of an arm swing than a torso swing. You bend your left arm a lot, seemingly to get the club up farther. I think if you focus on keeping your "chest in line with your hands" (as one instructor put it to me) then you will end up turning your torso a lot more. The drill he had me do to get the feeling for it was to stand straight up and down with the club out in front of me, and turning at the waist and hips. Keeping my hands and the club out in front of me. that really helped me get the muscle memory for turning my shoulders to bring the club back instead of bending my arm to get it back there. Once you're turned back, start the forward turn (downswing) with your hips but keep your hands out in front of your chest more. Like I said, Freddie is the guy you need but maybe the thing that helped me might help you too.

I'm sure freddie will get you fixed up, but what I see is a lot more of an arm swing than a torso swing. You bend your left arm a lot, seemingly to get the club up farther. I think if you focus on keeping your "chest in line with your hands" (as one instructor put it to me) then you will end up turning your torso a lot more. The drill he had me do to get the feeling for it was to stand straight up and down with the club out in front of me, and turning at the waist and hips. Keeping my hands and the club out in front of me. that really helped me get the muscle memory for turning my shoulders to bring the club back instead of bending my arm to get it back there. Once you're turned back, start the forward turn (downswing) with your hips but keep your hands out in front of your chest more. Like I said, Freddie is the guy you need but maybe the thing that helped me might help you too.

I concur. When I struggle it is due to what I call "arm swinging." I am a believer in rotating the body while staying connected. Also, I'm built like you (Dunn). Think about keeping your elbows close to one another and that should help. Good luck!

Is like to see you bring your feet to shoulder width or slightly outside your shoulders. Play the ball of you left heel with the driver.

Address the ball with the weight of your body on the middle to balls of your feet. Get those knees out over your feet and get off those heels.

The arms are moving the club and giving your a snatch away from the ball. Keep that club head low and slow on the back swing. Try to accomplish this with the shoulders turning 90* from address or until your left shoulder meets your chin.

Work on this and repost after a couple of weeks.

Back