Work your magic Freddie!

rtparty

Reaction score
Handicap
High
Well, here it is Freddie. It was not a very good day swinging the club as I just never felt comfortable over the ball. It also went from about 70F to 50F in a matter of minutes. I was really cold towards the end.

Here are a couple vids, let me know what you think. I can see a couple things to correct already but will let you tell me what is going on.

Driver swing. I hit this really well with a nice draw.

Pushed this right which really just felt like a block. It was a 6 iron that went really high, even for me.

This is a 7 iron that I hit a little thin.

Thanks Freddie!

I cam in here thinking a few would have commented, guess I have to do all the work. HEHE

I took some sanps of a couple of postions that I'd like to see adjusted but all in all pretty solid for the begining of the season. Stay tuned for my advice

Looks pretty good, maybe his stance could be a touch wider?

Looks pretty good, maybe his stance could be a touch wider?

I agree completely. I didn't realize how narrow I was until I saw the video after. I'll let Freddie diagnose me first but I see a couple things I need to tune up.

Fred? I know you said pretty solid but I feel there is tons of room for improvement.

The only thing that jumped out at me is your balance is off a bit in your finish. I don't know if this is a common thing or just that particular swing but that step toward the ball/target didn't seem like it should have happened with the way your swing progressed thru impact. I think it may have to do with the movement in your left foot after impact. In all all three swings, the front half of that foot lifts up a bit and pivots out. I feel you could improve your balance by solidifying that foot by opening it up a bit at address.

Good, solid swing, man!

Last edited:
The only thing that jumped out at me is your balance is off a bit in your finish. I don't know if this is a common thing or just that particular swing but that step toward the ball/target didn't seem like it should have happened with the way your swing progressed thru impact. I think it may have to do with the movement in your left foot after impact. In all all three swings, the front half of that foot lifts up a bit and pivots out. I feel you could improve your balance by solidifying that foot by opening it up a bit at address.

Good, solid swing, man!

Thanks for the feedback!

I think there were a couple things at play. My stance being too narrow was causing some imbalance issues, spikeless shoes truly don't hold well enough for me and the ground was in terrible condition. I couldn't keep my footing anywhere but the rough where I could plant.

We're just barely getting into golf in Utah and the ground isn't even in decent condition yet.

Freddie? Did we cover everything?

Where are you in Utah? I'm 4-5 hrs from salt lake. Let's meet in the middle for a round some time

I live in Lehi which is about 30 minutes south of Salt Lake. Are you north or south?

I'm in Colorado, just off of I-70. I have a friend living in Ogden too. I do the Moab/Canyonlands camp thing every year too

Here is my latest video swinging a 6 iron. I still think I may be bringing the club a little too far inside and I am really trying to use big muscles throughout my swing. I can get really hands-y at times.

[video=youtube_share;vNh-nytL6qk]http://youtu.be/vNh-nytL6qk[/video]

Back