Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

On my 2014 bucket list is to play a Ron Jaworski course; was thinking specifically at RiverWinds. Does anyone have any feedback on this course; or is there another Jaw's course that is better in comparison?

Another Jersey course that I'd like to get back to this year is The Bay at Stockton Seaview. We played there last August and unfortunately, being a true newbie at golf that included one too many cocktails before our 3PM tee time... I had a very terrible experience! So now I'm on a mission to kick the Bay's butt (or at least do better this time). LOL. I'd also like to golf the Pines.

I haven't played Riverwinds yet PAGG, but it has an excellent reputation. I have heard that it can indeed be windy, so try to play if in good weather.

I have played Eagle's Nest and liked it very much.

Harrisburg is a long way from NJ. What brings you this Far East for golf?

On my 2014 bucket list is to play a Ron Jaworski course; was thinking specifically at RiverWinds. Does anyone have any feedback on this course; or is there another Jaw's course that is better in comparison?

Another Jersey course that I'd like to get back to this year is The Bay at Stockton Seaview. We played there last August and unfortunately, being a true newbie at golf that included one too many cocktails before our 3PM tee time... I had a very terrible experience! So now I'm on a mission to kick the Bay's butt (or at least do better this time). LOL. I'd also like to golf the Pines.

THP held an event at his Blue Heron course last year. It was early in the season but it was in pretty good shape and a fun course.

Got one opening for our 4some tomorrow at Rancocas Golf Club at 9:48am. Going to be 60 degrees and sunning tomorrow. Only $35 to walk.

I'll let you know tonight. If you can fill it go for it because its going to be a slim chance as I was just out of work Thursday and Friday

I haven't played Riverwinds yet PAGG, but it has an excellent reputation. I have heard that it can indeed be windy, so try to play if in good weather.

I have played Eagle's Nest and liked it very much.

Harrisburg is a long way from NJ. What brings you this Far East for golf?

I have quite a few colleagues in NJ, which brings me opportunities to play. I'd have to say that I was heartbroken last October when I was at the Jumping Brook Country Club in Neptune for work and couldn't golf. That course was beautiful!

But other than for work, we travel to NJ for the beach and fishing - - easy 2.5 hour drive down the AC Expressway. We also have family in south Jersey. And, most likely the reason why I'm SO interested in golfing a Jaw's course... is, well... we bleed green. LOL. :)

I love trying out new courses; especially since I'm new at the sport. And thanks in part to GolfNow, we've been able to do that. :)

Best,
K

I'm in South Jersey. Plenty of places to play. As Xarraan suggested, Blue Heron is a nice one when down the shore. Indian Springs in Evesham is beginner friendly as is Kresson, a very short course. Neither will win a beauty contest though.

Can't make tomorrow. Friday still on if it doesn't rain

WELCOME TO THE GOLFWEEK AMATEUR TOUR - PHILLY METRO.
THIS NEWSLETTER WILL SERVE TO KEEP YOU INFORMED ABOUT ALL OF OUR EVENTS, EVENT REGISTRATIONS, AND TOURNAMENT RESULTS.​

Thursday May 15th, 2014
GOLFWEEK Amateur Tour members & guests
are invited to play in a Skins Game at
Forsgate Country Club (Banks Course)
in Monroe Twp., NJ.

jpeg

Come out play a skins game
on one of the great private golf courses
in our area. This is an unofficial
outing so invite your friends to play!

jpeg
Tee times start at 10:56 AM to 11:36 AM.
The field is limited to 24 players.
UNFLIGHTED - Everyone plays from BLUE Tees.

COURSE PREVIEW HERE:

http://www.forsgatecc.com/club/scripts/golf/view_course.asp?GRP=13763&NS=PG&APP=32&CID=598

Entry Fee of $125.00 includes:
18 holes of golf with cart
Use of practice facilities
$20 Skins game

$10 CTP on all Par 3 holes
Access to bar and restaurant after golf (cash or credit).

Forsgate Country Club (Banks)
Monroe Twp., NJ
Thursday May 15th, 2014

Forsgate Country Club's Bank Course is the original "reproduction" course in America. Designed in 1931 by Charles "Steamshovel" Banks, a protege of Seth Raynor, the course features 18 holes which are copied from the classic golf courses of England and Scotland. Each hole has a plaque that describes
the original location and history of the hole.

The course is renowned for its challenging and deep recessed bunkers and
fast undulating greens. Many fairways are elevated with corresponding
swales and hollows to provide an extra challenge in distance calculation.

. Tee times from 10:56 AM to 11:36 AM.
Entry fee includes $20.00 PER PLAYER
for 'skins'
and $10.00 PER PLAYER for 'Closest To The Pin'
on all of the Par 3 holes at Forsgate (Banks).

The game is UNFLIGHTED - everyone plays from the
6,364 yards BLUE Tees; birdie or better to have the
opportunity to win a "skin".

Total Skins Pool (24 players) is $480.00.
Total CTP (24 players) is $240.00.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forsgate Country Club website is here:

http://www.forsgatecc.com/
Event Registration Payment Link is here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=
_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=3H7BTM9CKY4YN

ALL REGISTRATIONS MUST BE MADE VIA THE
EVENT PAYMENT PAYPAL LINK.

NO CASH PAYMENTS ACCEPTED.

Jim, are you playing on the golfweek Phili tour? If so maybe I'll see you at an event.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

WELCOME TO THE GOLFWEEK AMATEUR TOUR - PHILLY METRO.
THIS NEWSLETTER WILL SERVE TO KEEP YOU INFORMED ABOUT ALL OF OUR EVENTS, EVENT REGISTRATIONS, AND TOURNAMENT RESULTS.​

Thursday May 15th, 2014
GOLFWEEK Amateur Tour members & guests
are invited to play in a Skins Game at
Forsgate Country Club (Banks Course)
in Monroe Twp., NJ.

jpeg

Come out play a skins game
on one of the great private golf courses
in our area. This is an unofficial
outing so invite your friends to play!

jpeg
Tee times start at 10:56 AM to 11:36 AM.
The field is limited to 24 players.
UNFLIGHTED - Everyone plays from BLUE Tees.

COURSE PREVIEW HERE:

http://www.forsgatecc.com/club/scripts/golf/view_course.asp?GRP=13763&NS=PG&APP=32&CID=598

Entry Fee of $125.00 includes:
18 holes of golf with cart
Use of practice facilities
$20 Skins game

$10 CTP on all Par 3 holes
Access to bar and restaurant after golf (cash or credit).

Forsgate Country Club (Banks)
Monroe Twp., NJ
Thursday May 15th, 2014

Forsgate Country Club's Bank Course is the original "reproduction" course in America. Designed in 1931 by Charles "Steamshovel" Banks, a protege of Seth Raynor, the course features 18 holes which are copied from the classic golf courses of England and Scotland. Each hole has a plaque that describes
the original location and history of the hole.

The course is renowned for its challenging and deep recessed bunkers and
fast undulating greens. Many fairways are elevated with corresponding
swales and hollows to provide an extra challenge in distance calculation.

. Tee times from 10:56 AM to 11:36 AM.
Entry fee includes $20.00 PER PLAYER
for 'skins'
and $10.00 PER PLAYER for 'Closest To The Pin'
on all of the Par 3 holes at Forsgate (Banks).

The game is UNFLIGHTED - everyone plays from the
6,364 yards BLUE Tees; birdie or better to have the
opportunity to win a "skin".

Total Skins Pool (24 players) is $480.00.
Total CTP (24 players) is $240.00.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forsgate Country Club website is here:

http://www.forsgatecc.com/
Event Registration Payment Link is here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=
_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=3H7BTM9CKY4YN

ALL REGISTRATIONS MUST BE MADE VIA THE
EVENT PAYMENT PAYPAL LINK.

NO CASH PAYMENTS ACCEPTED.
good deal, that is cheaper than a guest fee with cart.
Pass the club everyday. I may have to get in on this.

Question for the northerers. Groupon has a deal at Meadows in Lincoln Park for $25 with cart M-F. Is it worth it?

Question for the northerers. Groupon has a deal at Meadows in Lincoln Park for $25 with cart M-F. Is it worth it?

I haven't played there in years. The course is constantly under water and the holes are much, much shorter than the card says. It's a cow pasture for sure.

I just got an email from the tour director for the golfweek am tour I'm playing in this year. Take a look and let me know if your interested in playing as a guest.
Email:

[FONT=&quot]Thereis a rumor going around that Philly Metro & Metro NY members of the theGOLFWEEK Amateur Tour are going to play a tournament on Saturday April26th, 2014 at the uber-private Ridge At Back Brook in Ringoes, NJ. I am sendingthis to tell you that the rumor is completely false and in fact is a hoaxperpetrated by that Philly Metro Director to get everybody excited about the2014 golf season. The real tournament venue is PineValley!

I know....I didn't fall for it......[/FONT]

I just got an email from the tour director for the golfweek am tour I'm playing in this year. Take a look and let me know if your interested in playing as a guest.
Email:

[FONT=&quot]Thereis a rumor going around that Philly Metro & Metro NY members of the theGOLFWEEK Amateur Tour are going to play a tournament on Saturday April26th, 2014 at the uber-private Ridge At Back Brook in Ringoes, NJ. I am sendingthis to tell you that the rumor is completely false and in fact is a hoaxperpetrated by that Philly Metro Director to get everybody excited about the2014 golf season. The real tournament venue is PineValley!

I know....I didn't fall for it......[/FONT]

Ha Pine Valley.

It's not as bad as Jeff said. Its decent. It gets really crowded. If it rains you need a day or 2 for the water to clear out. I actually picked up 2 of the weekend groupons for $33. Plan on going early on a Saturday or Sunday. If you go any later than 8 you will be waiting forever. Not a challenging course at all but its 2 minutes from my house. I would never pay their full rate to play there.

How was Rancocas today? Haven't played it in years.

Soggy, buddy to that was to be expected after 3 inches of rain Saturday and Sunday.

Anyone want tee it up up north on Saturday?

Back