How would you play your new irons?

I took my new irons out this weekend and based on LM data I was 10 yards longer than my previous set. I played to that all weekend and it worked out well for me. I did have a few shots that were short, none that were long though. I think it'll take me a few more rounds before they're dialed in distance wise.

Side note, I'm more comfortable with my irons and their distances than I am with my wedges right now.

I am currently going through this as well. Just bought my first newish set of irons in 18 years (Cobra Amp Cell). I knew with the technology that has improved, as well as stronger lofts, that I would see some significant distance changes. I took them to the range and worked them, and then to the course I played a full club difference in yardage.

I would, as many others, just go out and play, then adjust to the results. 1-2 rounds should do it, if you are otherwise consistent.

:clapp:I just bought Taylormade CB's. I'm 150 or so with my 8 iron which is a club down from my previous set. At the range my gaps are similar. I'd suggest finding a landing spot at the range where you can repeatedly hit that spot with whichever iron. The gap between is likely the same as before for you; it is for me. Nothing like the course to confirm it though. Have fun!

I would gauge off range numbers

I had a hard time judging and still do as I have only had 3 range sessions since my set switch. From what I see I am 10 yards further per club. But guessing it would be more as it's cold and rainy reason here. So maybe another 3-5 yards IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would play your old numbers and adjust accordingly over your next couple of rounds. Get an actual feel for them on the course and not just the range.

Old Numbers. I just went through this myself. Now my problem is my new Irons loft a bit more so I have had to change selection due to wind a lot more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back