Well I'm head out to hit some trap draw, fall off the table, butter cut, groove low shots off my hot face.

Sounds like you've been watching this lately:

d9a373fadab3b56a3f1193805aba04c1.jpg

I always thought the difference lies in the fact that the golf club facing the ground where a baseball bat is addressed pointing at the sky.

My favorite golf term us probably thw worm burner. Oh, the suffering of all those worms

Or squirrel killer. "What were you trying to do on that shot...kill some squirrels."

There are so many weird words in golf. I'm going to hit/play a stinger...uh ok, what ever that means.

Or squirrel killer. "What were you trying to do on that shot...kill some squirrels."

There are so many weird words in golf. I'm going to hit/play a stinger...uh ok, what ever that means.

Yesterday I hit my first ever squirrel. Luckily, he seemed to be okay. I hit him on the run on the second bounce.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Cutting across the ball.
I know what folks are trying to describe when they say that, but it still makes me laugh sometimes.

There's a lot of em that I've wondered on, and many already said. The cut/fade/slice thing is one I always wondered. How far does it move and still be called a cut? just a strange one. Coming "over the top" while pretty straight forward always makes me laugh. I can't help but think of arm wrestling.

When did a driver come into play? What's it driving? I grew up with 1W...
Flyer out of the rough....what the hell is it supposed to do, roller out of the rough?
Chunk and run? Ok...I played a local course and took a chunk out of house and ran away from the fairway..
Niblick, mashie....(Scotts...)

There's a lot of em that I've wondered on, and many already said. The cut/fade/slice thing is one I always wondered. How far does it move and still be called a cut? just a strange one. Coming "over the top" while pretty straight forward always makes me laugh. I can't help but think of arm wrestling.

Stallone

A miss / ugly shot that ends up being ok.

FABIO.

Friggin
Awful
But
It's
Okay

chunk, fat, chili-dip

What about worm burners or rabbit killers lol

Describes my 3w off the deck quite often

The one I use quite often and I'm not exactly sure why because I don't see how it applies is "I caught that one a touch 'heavy' on that swing" meaning a little fat.

The one I think I'm backwards on is writing my way "up" through the bag when in reality the numbers are going down.

I say "sally" a lot. For example, I use it to refer to someone who left their 5 foot putt 2 feet short. Nice putt, Sally. Can also be used as a verb. Using the same example you would say "you really Sallied that one."

No idea where it came from. I believe there is also a variation for Ethel.

~Rock

I say "sally" a lot. For example, I use it to refer to someone who left their 5 foot putt 2 feet short. Nice putt, Sally. Can also be used as a verb. Using the same example you would say "you really Sallied that one."

No idea where it came from. I believe there is also a variation for Ethel.

~Rock
We use "Alice".

We use "Alice".

Haha that's the one my grandma calls me when I leave a putt short! Pretty demoralizing when grandma tells me I hit it like a girl!

What is drop kicking a club?

This one goes along the line of "pitching iron" not sure why but I don't like it lol.
had a set of powerbilt citations.....the pitching wedge had a "PI" on the bottom indicating the "pitching iron"

a "Thurman Munson"....a dead yank

A Dennis Wise
5 foot and hard
for those awkward distance putts

Again, thanks to my old dear father...

An Adolf – Taking two shots in a bunker.
An Arthur Scargill – Great strike but a poor result.
A Rodney King – Over-clubbed.
An O.J. Simpson – Shouldn’t have, but got away with it.
A Condom – Safe but didn’t feel right.
An Elephant’s “bottom” – it’s high and it stinks.
A Sister-in-law – I’m up there, but I know that I shouldn’t be.
A Sally Gunnell – Not pretty but a good runner.
A Gerry Adams – A provisional.
A Dennis Wise – Nasty little five footer.
A Diego Maradonna – A very nasty five footer.
A Salman Rushdie – An impossible read.
A Douglas Bader – Looked good but didnt have the legs.
An Arsene Wenger – Everyone saw where it went but you.
A Tommy Sheridan – A shocking lie.
A Rio Ferdinand – Lipped out.
A Rock Hudson – Thought it was straight, but it wasn’t.
A ladyboy – Looks like an easy hole but all may not be what it seems.
A gynaecologist’s assistant – Just shaved the hole.
Does your husband play? For when a man hits a short tee shot.
A Cuban – Needs one more revolution.
A Brazillian – Hits the narrow strip down the middle.
An Elton John – A big bender that lips the rim.
A Glen Miller – Low and didn’t make it over the water.
A Marylin Monroe – A fair crack up the middle (aka “A Blondie”).
A Princess Grace – Should have taken a driver.
A Princess Di – Shouldn’t have taken a driver.
An Anna Kournikova – Looks great, but unlikely to get a result.
A Vinnie Jones – Nasty kick when you’re not expecting it.
A Tony Blair – Too much spin.
A Bin Laden – In the water and never to be found again.
A Jamie Oliver – You really want to smack it but you can’t.

What is drop kicking a club?

My friends call it that when you bounce the driver off the ground as you hit your tee shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never liked the terms choke up or choke down. Prefer the term grip down. Choke up is something I do when I lose a new golf ball, and the term "choke" makes me want to have a death grip on the club.

Someone mentioned "peninsulating", but wouldn't that be an action verb and if so how does one do that?

Only in private

Terms I like: Flyer Lie, Bomber, Up and Down, Scrambling, Power Fade, Striped

Don't like: Sandy, Chunk, Chut, Fescue (and the sound your ball makes when you ka-thump it into the water)

I learned it as Nancy. "You Nancied that putt." "Nice putt, Nancy. Did your purse get in the way?"

We always told them they "hit it with their purse" or the classic "Nice putt, does your husband play?"

Back