Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the scouting there Dean, I am trying to convince a friend to make the trip with me, and these are closer from home than the other open courses that were stated in this thread, this might help me to convince him.

I cant wait to finally see some grass, there is still a foot of snow on the ground here...

I know of one that is a good track that usually opens really early, although they still had a bunch of snow as of Sunday. Would have been a little closer for you.

I know of one that is a good track that usually opens really early, although they still had a bunch of snow as of Sunday. Would have been a little closer for you.

If eagle crest or another course in this area is open, its about 3h-3h30, which is very doable, but if there is a course open a bit further north, we will consider it for sure.

I just want this damn snow to all melt and the greens to thaw, hoping to be golfing by my birthday come May 8th!

hey look at the bright side, you've got more points than me, I missed the registration date ;)

You want to jump in I can send you an invite. There is still the Spring and Summer sessions. PM me your email if interested.

Going out to Cragie Brae Sunday, $10 walking if any one was wondering if there were courses open.

Going out to Cragie Brae Sunday, $10 walking if any one was wondering if there were courses open.[/QUOTE
Checked it out,about 40 min.for me.Hmmmmmmm....might be able to do this.

Going out to Cragie Brae Sunday, $10 walking if any one was wondering if there were courses open.[/QUOTE

It's a decent course, they've put money in it lately adding bunkers and new trees and have been known for their crazy fast greens. I'll be there with a 4some from my golf league.

Terry Hills on Sunday?? I think if the weather holds you are looking at Jimmy, Maddog and myself.

Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

I'm not a fan of Craigie Brae. Played it last year and scored pretty well actually just not a fan of the layout. That being said $10 walking is decent for any course. Still undecided on whether or not I want to play without being able to practice outside first.

I'm not a fan of Craigie Brae. Played it last year and scored pretty well actually just not a fan of the layout. That being said $10 walking is decent for any course. Still undecided on whether or not I want to play without being able to practice outside first.

That's why I am playing it. First time out this season I just want a very cheap easy course.

Want company?

I am pretty much out of the rotation until May. I have the oncall 2 of the next 3 weekends, and the other I have a major all-weekend implementation. After that I am in Italy for 2 weeks.

Maddog, you are subbing for me at Deerfield April 28th and May 5th, correct?

I am pretty much out of the rotation until May. I have the oncall 2 of the next 3 weekends, and the other I have a major all-weekend implementation. After that I am in Italy for 2 weeks.

weekend implementations are a pain, too much overtime in the weekend and the weeks before and after.

I'll confirm with Maddog and let you know of he doesn't get back to you before I find out for ya Jim.

Eagle Crest just posted that they have opened the driving range, but there is still some frost on the ground keeping the course closed TBD

Eagle Crest just posted that they have opened the driving range, but there is still some frost on the ground keeping the course closed TBD

yes I just saw that, and Van Patten stated on their FB page that they were aiming for the week of the 14th
I will not come down just for a range, I might have to postpone this trip.

yes I just saw that, and Van Patten stated on their FB page that they were aiming for the week of the 14th
I will not come down just for a range, I might have to postpone this trip.

where did you see that? j/w

I saw fairways posted on their Facebook page that there was no snow on the course, but no mention of them opening. This was yesterday, and I haven't checked today.

I am playing golf on Sunday.. :)

Of course you are welcome to join us!
Gotta adjust this post,going to try and find something closer to home if I can otherwise I'll some how improvise this week.
Next weekend should be no problem but this weekend is cutting it close unless I get out early.Just to put no pressure on myself.
It's looking nice for Sunday so we should all be happy!

Last edited:
oh Fairways, I thought you were talking about Van Patten. Good catch.

yeah I got confused too, I tought I read that on van patten's FB.

so from what I understand, van patten could still be a possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back