Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

For those looking for other courses in the Far West, Pinecrest in Huntley is a good track as well. Could easily fit in 36 there in combination with Whisper Creek, Marengo Ridge, or Blackstone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stonewall Orchard....

Golf Course Opening Friday, April 4th!Rates:
Opening Day $45 Includes Complimentary CartApril 5th - 6th $55 Includes Complimentary CartApril 7th – 11th $59 Includes Complimentary Cart

Good course. 5 mins from my house. Just had dinner with the head pro last week. Fantastic range and practice green too.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Good course. 5 mins from my house. Just had dinner with the head pro last week. Fantastic range and practice green too.

Only played here once (long way from home), but I enjoyed it very much. If I remember the course was very busy. Following our group there was a mixed sex group of Japanese golfers all geared up head to toe Ricky Fowler style. We were hitting balls amongst them on the range praying our group was out before theirs. I'm fairly certain none of the women had ever picked up a golf club before. The outfits were hilarious!

I saw Bittersweet in Gurnee will be 39 with a cart this weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yeah everyone is opening up. Hoping it warms up a tad...but I'm probably playing Sunday at Renwood.

I'm hoping to play on Saturday and Sunday (with Sunday tentative). Anyone interested in playing in Lake County IL?

My mom's in town and my son's birthday is Sunday. I can't play this weekend.

What are the proposed dates for our unofficial THP get together?

I posted a 4 hybrid on the mkt place if anyone is looking, could do better locally, would also trade for driver shaft... We are going to take my dad out Sunday to play for his birthday. Looks like Highlands, Bowes and Blackstone are all going to be open!:banana:

I might try and squeeze in a round this weekend. My home course opens up Saturday so maybe I'll get out there. Sunday is my girlfriends birthday so no golf. Should have decent weather (50's) both days. Hopefully the rain lets up.

Looking to be 48 tomorrow 60 on Sunday. Hoping something opens up and I can get the first official practice of the year in

Heading to the Pga superstore with my dad to tinker with some drivers and whatever else I can find :)

2:30 tee time at Phillips Park in Aurora! Anyone wanna join?

They gave away some insane stuff at the Pga superstore this morning!

2:30 tee time at Phillips Park in Aurora! Anyone wanna join?
Can't make it that far south, today, with an early evening plan. Maybe something for a couple of weekends from now?

Nice! I pondered skipping my practice session to go down there, but ended up at GolfTec. Now, going to mess with putters at GG, then finding a course up my way.

Were you at the one in downers grove? I think people from am1000 had a show there today

Were you at the one in downers grove? I think people from am1000 had a show there today

Schaumburg....670 is here

The haul from the Pga Superstore this morning. Thanks Callaway rep!!!

9utezage.jpg

Nice poker chips! I have around 15 in my bag. I love the thp albatross one. We gotta play in a few weeks.

Hey guys, just wanted to pass along that we were lucky enough to have a SeeMore fitting event in Indianapolis today and the SPi instructor was from Chicago. Really nice guy by the name of Scott Barla. He was able to help 2 of us in less than an hour resolve some aiming and stroke issues. Just fantastic.

If any of you are looking for SPi or regular swing instruction, send me a PM and i'll pass along his contact info.

Scott is good people.

76 today. Driver was shakey but everything else was good. Really can't wait for mowed greens :)

Yeah really can't complain. Amazing considering how crappy my lessons and practices have been lately. Still have a ways to go but it's a start. Putting was great except for having to hit it so hard. Definitely think my stroke has gotten better. Excited to get out next weekend

I don't even know what id give up to shoot 76. That's great for first time out.

Thank u sir. Hoping to break par a few times this year. We'll start with more practice this week.

Back