Callaway X2 Hot Deep Fairway Woods

156 - 158 on Sunday at Golftec

For those who are gaming a 2Deep... what ss do you have?

My home course is extremely tight and I'd gladly give up a few yards for more accuracy. The 2 Deep might take the place of a driver, especially when things firm up.

My driver swing speed is 100-102mph, but I've not yet had the 2Deep on a monitor to get the numbers.

For others playing the 2Deep, what difference in distance are you seeing against your driver? Right now, I'm loving the 2Deep as a driver replacement, not just a club I use when I absolutely need to keep the ball in play.

Whilst the 2Deep is possible to launch from the deck, it's not the easiest. For me, if I were to put a driver back in the bag, I'd have to decide whether or not the 2Deep would have to leave as it is perhaps not versatile enough for that second slot (which IMO should be both a tee and off the deck club).

For those who are gaming a 2Deep... what ss do you have?

My home course is extremely tight and I'd gladly give up a few yards for more accuracy. The 2 Deep might take the place of a driver, especially when things firm up.

My SS is around 110. The shaft is shortened for me which should help with accuracy a little, probably going to get it put back to stock length. Accuracy right now is awesome. I can work the ball a little and get a little lower launch than my driver, which is great into the wind and for getting some roll out. Yesterday, I hit 2 greens (same hole played twice) from around 245 out with it into the wind. It's freaking long and deadly accurate.

Absolutely was obliterating the 5deep today off the tee and the deck. Was out driving my playing partners with it.

My mission for my next round is to try and hit the 2 Deep off the turf and to get it on film, whether it be a good or bad result. If I can hit it anywhere near as good as I hit it off the tee, which today was absolutely amazing, why keep something in the bag that you can only use off the tee? It's something to think about for myself.

Played this today and it is now a permanent fixture in the bag. I was maybe 10yds behind some of the drivers in the group. Gonna slide the Devo 6 shaft in it and see what I see.

Played this today and it is now a permanent fixture in the bag. I was maybe 10yds behind some of the drivers in the group. Gonna slide the Devo 6 shaft in it and see what I see.

Distance compared to your 3Deep? was your 3Deep 13 deg?

Distance compared to your 3Deep? was your 3Deep 13 deg?

Maybe 10yds longer off the tee but with the trajectory I am seeing off the deck, I'm seeing 20yds longer

2Deep or 5Deep Freddie?

2Deep or 5Deep Freddie?

3deep all day. I'm thinking about the 2deep as well. Love the small head and 12.5* of loft. From what I am hearing it has driver like numbers

3deep all day. I'm thinking about the 2deep as well. Love the small head and 12.5* of loft. From what I am hearing it has driver like numbers

Gotcha. The 5deep has my attention, but I have a mental block when it comes to hitting FW off the deck/tee....

Gotcha. The 5deep has my attention, but I have a mental block when it comes to hitting FW off the deck/tee....

The extra loft the 5deep inspires quite a bit of confidence. The extra loft also produces a higher launch for me, which allows me to hit the 5deep off the deck further than I've ever hit any 3wood off the deck

Maybe 10yds longer off the tee but with the trajectory I am seeing off the deck, I'm seeing 20yds longer

That's pretty impressive Freddie. Let me know if you want to move that Tour Green pull.

Feeling really good about the 2Deep after my first few rounds.

I now need to trial a 5Deep against my XHot Pro 17* to see which is better from the deck. I'm smashing the 17* at the moment so I shouldn't really mess with the setup, but my interest in the 5Deep is strong! :D

Picked up a 2deep today...kind of an impulse buy, was leaning more towards the 3deep. Left the driver at home played 18 and was quite impressed with it. Took me a bit to get used to it but after a small bucket of balls and the front 9 I was hitting some real good shots. Only a few yards shorter than my driver, less carry but much more roll. What blew me away was that I was able to hit it off the deck. Last years 3deep was worthless for me off the deck. It might have kicked my driver outta my bag, will definitely play the next few rounds with out a driver and see how it works out.

This has me seriously thinking of trying a 5deep to see how it compares to the bertha. But Callaways taken enough money from me this year so far lol

Took a few swings with the 3deep yesterday. I think it could really be my go to driver replacement for shorter par 4s. I like that I can tee the ball up a bit thanks to the deep face.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I hit my Xhot 3 deep (14.5)so well of the tee that this thread has me thinking about it.

Do you see the 2Deep as an addition to last year's 3Deep or as a replacement?, I use the 3Deep in Par 4's and short par 5's. If the 2Deep can give me 20 more yards that would definitely kick my driver off the back.

I hit my Xhot 3 deep (14.5)so well of the tee that this thread has me thinking about it.

Do you see the 2Deep as an addition to last year's 3Deep or as a replacement?, I use the 3Deep in Par 4's and short par 5's. If the 2Deep can give me 20 more yards that would definitely kick my driver off the back.

I've gone from last year's 14.5* 3Deep with Tour AD-DI to this year's 12.5* 2Deep with Aldila Tour Green. The 2Deep is longer for me, but I'm not sure it's quite 20 yards longer (albeit I've not been on a SIM).

Took a few swings with the 3deep yesterday. I think it could really be my go to driver replacement for shorter par 4s. I like that I can tee the ball up a bit thanks to the deep face.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I murder my original 3deep. I cant wait to get my hands on this new one. It is a game changer club for me.

I murder my original 3deep. I cant wait to get my hands on this new one. It is a game changer club for me.

I had very little experience with the orig 3deep. After only a few swings this past weekend I am really excited to learn more.

The original 3deep has me excited about the game again.. So awesome to bomb tee shots down the fairway...

U think those 2 degrees with the new 2deep would make that much of a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original 3deep has me excited about the game again.. So awesome to bomb tee shots down the fairway...

U think those 2 degrees with the new 2deep would make that much of a difference?

I went from the 14.5 to the 2 deep. It's crazy in difference for distance

I have the original 3Deep in 13* and I saw 10-15yds more total distance than the 14.5 version. Launch was much lower for me which I liked as well. My 3Deep is my #1 club I've ever gamed.

Back