The Milwaukee Area Thread

I know that this is a resort course but it'd be sure nice to have something sub 150 of quality. Kohler is basically off the list except for the end of the season when the meadow valley and Irish course are 88 or so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, but, I wouldn't hold your breath! :)

I agree, but, I wouldn't hold your breath! :)

Oh of course it will be pricey. As long as they have pre/post summer season rates I'm fine.

Where's the Milwaukee thread? Is this it? :)

Where's the Milwaukee thread? Is this it? :)

Keep an eye out for http://golfless.halfoffdeals.com usually something in the area pop up

The bog is tomorrow if anyone is interested. Morningstar in two weeks

115 for twosome with cart. Says it's 230 value at prime rates. Good until November.

Currie, grant, Lincoln, oak wood, warnimont, and whitnall all open tomorrow in milw county

Currie, grant, Lincoln, oak wood, warnimont, and whitnall all open tomorrow in milw county

Snowing hard here today. They must have nothing.

Pretty much everything is opening up by me. Gonna be a good weekend to play!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Pretty much everything is opening up by me. Gonna be a good weekend to play!!

Must be a good feeling. Stuff is opening way up here by us but it will be two weeks before the majority open. The best course here just sent out the newsletter saying the main drainage tiling was still all frozen so it's puddle city...

Things are starting to open in Madison as well. I do like "The Oaks" which is about an hour drive from milw right on the interstate

I have played the Oaks. Very nice facility.

Like the Oaks. Played it a few times in college.

Things are starting to open in Madison as well. I do like "The Oaks" which is about an hour drive from milw right on the interstate

I trip up and play The Oaks once a season - really enjoy it.

I just got a free round there...only have to pay for the cart. Next week is looking good weatherwise for a trip there

I've passed the course many times but never played it. Will have to get on the ever growing list.

I fully hope to play with some THPers this year in and around Milwaukee, my new digs. (I'm not ready yet, though - must get at least one lesson first! Want to try to start with new, GOOD habits!)

Question for all you guys, there's a nice looking course very near to my new home (like 5 minutes) and they have this VIP package which sounds too good to be true.

http://www.broadlandsgolfclub.com/2010-vip-discount

Am I reading this thing right? I feel like I'm missing something and it's way, way too much for 30 bucks.

I fully hope to play with some THPers this year in and around Milwaukee, my new digs. (I'm not ready yet, though - must get at least one lesson first! Want to try to start with new, GOOD habits!)

Question for all you guys, there's a nice looking course very near to my new home (like 5 minutes) and they have this VIP package which sounds too good to be true.

Am I reading this thing right? I feel like I'm missing something and it's way, way too much for 30 bucks.

The biggest thing I see is that all of the rounds require you to purchase a cart (generally at least $20 for 18)

Doesn't look terrible if you have the other person for the BOGO. And obviously buying the cart.

I wonder if the cart fees are unnaturally high. I'll just probably stop in there before buying it. If the cart fees aren't crazy, the 2 free rounds alone might be worth it, along with 4 free buckets of balls (BOGO anyway).

LOVE LOVE LOVE that course!

They must be trying to bring in lots of off peak business. Pretty great deal.

Just do a little math to see if it's worth it. If you have a second it might not be a terrible deal. Not like you bought that platinum pass for all over the state.

Most courses around here are opening this weekend will have to try and get out on sun.:golf:

Snow flurries by me...enough already

Nothing like that hear thankfully. :)

Back