Who has hit G25 irons and JPX825's

toddhale010

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking for comparisons of these two iron sets from people who have actually hit both. Hopefully someone that is similar to me in regular flex with a driver swing speed of around 95. Currently hitting G15's and hit them good just wanting to upgrade and get a little smaller club head. How do the two clubs compare in distance, launch, spin, feel, and forgiveness?

I have both currently. Both are solid irons and although neither was close to the top in the category for me, both gave me similar forgiveness and ball flight.

I've hit both, and have the JPX 825 now. For me, as was mentioned, the forgiveness and ball flight factors were similar. However, the FEEL was what sold me on the Mizunos - part of this could have been the shaft, my JPX has the KBS Tour FSTs which I love. The JPXs simply talked to me more. I had a better idea of where I was missing compared with the G25. I also happened to be partial to the looks of the 825. I've used them for over 20 rounds now and they've been super durable.

Haven't hit the G25's, but the JPX's are solid.

Didn't play the G25s but I've been gaming the 825s for about 10 rounds and I'm in love them. The feel of them are great as you would expect with Mizuno and they give great feedback.

Plus they are gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask a question about those that are speaking about the feel of these? genuine question. Mizuno claims that superior feel is done from their irons by grain flow forging. These are cast which have been called inferior (the process, not the irons) by those that say grain flow forging provides feel. So what do you attribute the feel to?

I honestly have no idea; it's a great question. I've read some comments on both sides of the forged/cast argument, and have hit the JPX 825 Pros as well (which are 'grain-flow forged' vs. the cast standard 825s). To me, they both gave me the same knowledge of feedback across the face, but the LEVEL of feedback was much stronger in the Pros. But even more of a difference than that was when I would hit it pure....in the Pros it was an incredible feeling for a guy that doesn't have any real experience with them.

As for JPX vs. G25 and feel; I don't know what I can attribute the feel to. All I know is, if I hit the ball high off of the toe for example, it was much easier to feel that right away in the JPX vs. the G25, and for sure vs. my previous Diablo Edges which felt the same (ie. numb) across the face.

Timely topic, as I have the JPX 825 Pros and really should have gone G25 for the turf interaction (for my swing) and bit better forgiveness. I'm really thinking about trading them out (FYI if anyone is interested).

For me, I think I attribute feel to two things: sound and vibration. I think forged clubs tend to have a slightly different sound/vibration on impact, though shaft plays a role also. However, I'm finding it isn't a big enough deal that I shouldn't have gone with the superior designed (my opinion) iron. Design trumps feel now to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having hit both sets and played the G25's for a bit, I can tell you the Pings are light years better in terms of feel. Mizuno feel is a myth, like the Yeti. I think the CFS is the perfect match as well for a club like the G25.

I went into my fitting dead set on g25 but for me the jpx blew them away

Having hit both sets and played the G25's for a bit, I can tell you the Pings are light years better in terms of feel. Mizuno feel is a myth, like the Yeti. I think the CFS is the perfect match as well for a club like the G25.

I originally bought the Mizunos because of the feel, but in think I really fell in love with the kbS Tours and not so much the heads. I've gotta agree with you, I think the cast vs forged thing is more of a myth than anything. Maybe if you get to very high end forged perhaps, but I'll put Ping up there with anyone, and the engineering that goes into them more than makes up for whatever loss of feel you may get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

there is a softness upon solid contact with Mizunos that an uneducated golf person like myself cannot explain other than it is. i had a set of mx-20's for the longest time from when they first came out, and a big reason i never switched was because i couldn't find the same kind of feeling. Then i stepped away from golf for a few years, and last February i got fitted for some GI irons, and it came down to the G25's and the JPX 825's. It was real real close, and really the ultimate reason i went with the G25's was because i figured i'd try something different. I ultimate sold them after last season as i couldn't get past how unhappy i was when I looked down at them. I know that's a poor reason, but even though i was hitting them ok, i really started to despise the shape of them when i looked down at address. Definitely just my personal preference, but found a buyer at the time who basiclaly paid me only $150 less than i did for them new, so for a season rental, I do not regret it. I wonder though, if i had went with the JPX's originally if i'd still have them.

Back