Question for those that have loft adjustable FW's

BamBooBender

See-Moe
Reaction score
Handicap
My brain
These have piqued my interest now that I am pondering FW's.
Being able to adjust from 13 to 17 seems like it could be really handy at times.
My question is: Do you find that you change the loft based on conditions much, or do you find a setting you like loft wise and then just leave it there?

I adjusted my Bio Cell 3-4 one time to get the desired yardage and ball flight and haven't touched it since.

For the most part I set it and forget it. I adjust it to make sure I have the proper gaps but I do not mess with it as much as I do the driver. I will adjust if say I add or subtract a hybrid to the bag in favor of a wedge etc, so it is handy when I change the make-up of the bag for sure.

I adjusted my Bio Cell 3-4 one time to get the desired yardage and ball flight and haven't touched it since.

For the most part I set it and forget it. I adjust it to make sure I have the proper gaps but I do not mess with it as much as I do the driver. I will adjust if say I add or subtract a hybrid to the bag in favor of a wedge etc, so it is handy when I change the make-up of the bag for sure.

Thanks, I was thinking it would be nice for adjusting gaps as I am thinking of only having 1 FW this time.

I was also thinking it would be nice to have strong 3 in the bag as a driver sub for shorter narrower courses.

I adjusted my BB 3 wood to 14* so there would be 4* gaps between my 10* driver and 18* 5 wood.

I thought I might change the setting if I came up on different scenario' of weather, or course. I've not changed it once since getting it to where it filled the gap between my driver and hybrid. I simply use a different club based on course layout and if it's windy...my other clubs deal with that too. Adjust there as well, but as for changing the setting, no...fill the gap and forget it for me.

Seems like the consensus is 'set it and forget it'. Even then it seems like a bonus to me to have that ability.

Seems like the consensus is 'set it and forget it'. Even then it seems like a bonus to me to have that ability.

Especially if a gap changes with a different club is moved into the bag...a plus for sure.

I am one of the few that adjusts my 3/4 depending on the course.
My home course I tee off with driver on all 14 holes so I set my 3/4 to 16* for use off the deck.
At a few other courses that require some 3 woods off the tee I like to set it to 14*.

I've never had an adjustable club of any sort, but this year I believe I will rectify that and get an adjustable FW. Now I just have to figure out which one.

Set and forget it. I think it's unrealistic to sit there and change it as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Set and forget it. I think it's unrealistic to sit there and change it as needed.

I probably won't change it after I get it where I want, but it would be nice to know I can if need be.

It's it nicer to be able to goto the range and get it right than buying a club with a particular loft and being stuck with it.

It's it nicer to be able to goto the range and get it right than buying a club with a particular loft and being stuck with it.

That's what I'm thinking. Hard to find odd lofts here, pretty much 15* 3w and 18* 5w, not much in between. And I'm looking for in between this time.

Back