I like the idea, I could see how it could be a good time. There is a putter only course here in Las Vegas at Angel Park Golf Club and I'm am picturing just a larger scale version of that. If that's the case I want to try it.

I see where this could be a good thing, as long as it does not interfere with the normal course play. I would assume that the courses would be significantly shorter (don't see many 250yd kicks) so some areas of courses that were thought previously unusable could be used for something like this and that could increase the foot traffic of a club, which I would assume was one of the goals.

Don't tell that to the internet foot golfer!!

Golf courses are expensive recreational land use, multi-use scenarios are just one part of the equation and heck, I think it would be fun.

There is quite a few vids on this on YouTube. Here's one...

Is this a one time thing or a permanent addition?

I think it's just something they are experimenting with. Can't be an all the time thing.... At least not at the actual course. Maybe dig some holes at the disc golf courses.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I like the idea, I could see how it could be a good time. There is a putter only course here in Las Vegas at Angel Park Golf Club and I'm am picturing just a larger scale version of that. If that's the case I want to try it.

Played that putter course when I lived there. Was actually a heck of a lot of fun. Won a buck or two as well.

Played that putter course when I lived there. Was actually a heck of a lot of fun. Won a buck or two as well.

Yeah I thought so too. I wonder why we don't see it more often.

Anyway I'm playing Sienna GC tomorrow and they actually have foot golf there, just might bring some soccer shoes.

I don't see anything wrong with Footgolf. I also don't see it ever providing supplemental income to traditional golf courses or being embraced by traditional golfers, golf course owners and managers.

It may appeal to the young, ethnic and fit, but the old, gimpy and waspy can't and won't embrace it. So the question then becomes, will the old, gimpy and waspy embrace the young, ethnic and fit footgolfers on their same courses? Not likely in my neck of the woods. Those regulars can barely tolerate ladies day as it is and they pull back out of the parking lot on afternoons when they see the high school teams have a meet or a practice. No way they'll stomach footgolfers on a regular basis.

And for that matter, will a footgolfer want to fork over 3-4 sawbucks to kick their ball over a traditional 7000 yard course? No way Jose. So how much should the Pro charge a footgolfer then? How many electric carts can said pro rent to footgolfers? How much new equipment can he sell them? The answers to all the foregoing questions are too close to zero to make footgolf into a slow muni's revenue savior.

You'll see more footgolf, but you'll see it in multipurpose parks and on college campus, not on old school golf courses.

Hope the green don't get ruined

The president of the PGA of America ia talking about footgolf on the local morning golf show on 670 the score right now. He's saying the game is really spreading quick and since soccer has twice as many players in the US as golf, especially younger players, they are hoping it leads to more interest in golf from the younger generations. Pretty cool.

Hope the green don't get ruined

They won't have the 21 inch holes on actual greens. They'll be off to the side.

Back