Callaway X2 Hot Deep Fairway Woods

I have the original 3Deep in 13* and I saw 10-15yds more total distance than the 14.5 version. Launch was much lower for me which I liked as well. My 3Deep is my #1 club I've ever gamed.

Worth having both in the bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth having both in the bag?

Possibly. If I were going that route, id likely look 2Deep/3Deep just to get a little more separation between them. If I gamed that set up, the 2Deep would be a tee only club. As it stands, I'm going to go for the 5Deep to replace my 1h. Better gapping that way for me.

Possibly. If I were going that route, id likely look 2Deep/3Deep just to get a little more separation between them. If I gamed that set up, the 2Deep would be a tee only club. As it stands, I'm going to go for the 5Deep to replace my 1h. Better gapping that way for me.

I have the 14.5 3deep so adding the 12.5 2deep to the arsenal looks like a great 1-2 punch.., 3 deep for par 4's and 2deep for par 5's?

Would only take the driver out only in wide open fairways.. Maybe 2-3 times per round..

I have the 14.5 3deep so adding the 12.5 2deep to the arsenal looks like a great 1-2 punch.., 3 deep for par 4's and 2deep for par 5's?

Would only take the driver out only in wide open fairways.. Maybe 2-3 times per round..

You could do that but I'm not sure I see the utility in carrying 3 clubs under 15 degrees. If you go 2Deep, I'd say drop the driver. I don't think you ll find enough use for it with the accuracy and length that the 2Deep will have. I'm planning on playing a driver/3Deep combo but my next club will be the 5Deep. I'll use the driver on long par 5's, the 3Deep most every other time and the 5Deep on short par 4's that aren't worth going for from the tee. Otherwise, you have 3 clubs that fit too close of a distance range.

I skimmed this thread but didn't find the cc of the 2-Deep. Does anyone know how big this head is?

2deep I believe is 220 cc

I skimmed this thread but didn't find the cc of the 2-Deep. Does anyone know how big this head is?

210 CC for the 2 and 3 Deep, I think the 5 Deep is a bit smaller.

Wasn't the original 3-Deep 185cc?

13 was 185 and 14.5 180

210 CC for the 2 and 3 Deep, I think the 5 Deep is a bit smaller.

Pretty sure the 2deep is bigger than the 3 deep. It certainly looked so when comparing the heads side by side.

2Deep... SLDR Mini Driver.... don't know what to doooooooooooooooooooo lol

13 was 185 and 14.5 180

Pretty sure the 2deep is bigger than the 3 deep. It certainly looked so when comparing the heads side by side.

You're right, misread my spec sheet, it goes 220, 210, 200.

Lasered the pin at 251 yards and took the 2Deep from the deck. It was a perfect lie but I'm still incredibly happy with putting it to 10ft!

Perhaps with a bit of practice the 2Deep becomes a legitimate option from the deck...

csNdQef.jpg

Lasered the pin at 251 yards and took the 2Deep from the deck. It was a perfect lie but I'm still incredibly happy with putting it to 10ft!

Perhaps with a bit of practice the 2Deep becomes a legitimate option from the deck...

csNdQef.jpg

Fantastic, what course is this please?

It is Shrigley Hall on the edge of the Peak District.

We need a new flag on the 18th it would seem... :)

It is Shrigley Hall on the edge of the Peak District.

We need a new flag on the 18th it would seem... :)

Lol, looks great though and what an area to have a course in....

Lol, looks great though and what an area to have a course in....

A dozen deer pottered past me as dusk was falling. Course to myself, wonderful views and only the sound of nature... it really doesn't get much better.

Guys - can anyone comment from experience on distance and ease of launch of the 5Deep compared with last year's xHot Pro 17* 4 wood please?

Ask questions I have spent plenty of time with my 2deep.
I play the xhot 3 deep 13 degree and absolutely kill it but just ordered the 2 deep......at times the three deep was hard to hit off the deck.....when you switched, what did you notice off the tee and off the deck, comparing the two...which one is easier to hit?

I have the 13* 3deep and the 2Deep. If the lie is good I have no trouble hitting either off the deck,but I am a high ball hitter. The 3Deep is out of my bag now that I have the 2Deep.

I play the xhot 3 deep 13 degree and absolutely kill it but just ordered the 2 deep......at times the three deep was hard to hit off the deck.....when you switched, what did you notice off the tee and off the deck, comparing the two...which one is easier to hit?

Off the Tee the 2 deep has a much more penetrating ball flight with plenty of roll compared to my 3 deep. From the fairway the two deep is a little more difficult to hit, but it's doable for sure. Off the deck the trajectory of the ball is much lower than my 3 deep. And it's not a club I use if I expect a softer landing ball into the green. If the green is open in the front I play with the roll in mind. Out of the first cut it's fine also, out of the second cut of rough it's not a club I would attempt a shot with honestly. However I have the 5 deep and it works well from all the lies I listed.

Sorry as I'm sure this has been covered. I recently got my X2 hot driver and TM irons. I want to lose my current 5W and fill the gap between driver and irons. Can someone explain the main differences between the X2 hot and X2 hot deep, so I can see what I should be looking at hitting...
thanks
steve

Off the Tee the 2 deep has a much more penetrating ball flight with plenty of roll compared to my 3 deep. From the fairway the two deep is a little more difficult to hit, but it's doable for sure. Off the deck the trajectory of the ball is much lower than my 3 deep. And it's not a club I use if I expect a softer landing ball into the green. If the green is open in the front I play with the roll in mind. Out of the first cut it's fine also, out of the second cut of rough it's not a club I would attempt a shot with honestly. However I have the 5 deep and it works well from all the lies I listed.

On comparably well struck shots, both from the tee and off the deck, what difference in distance are you getting from the 2Deep and 5Deep please?

Sorry as I'm sure this has been covered. I recently got my X2 hot driver and TM irons. I want to lose my current 5W and fill the gap between driver and irons. Can someone explain the main differences between the X2 hot and X2 hot deep, so I can see what I should be looking at hitting...
thanks
steve

In short, the Deep series has a deeper face and benefits those who hit the ball a little higher up the face and/or feel more confident with deep as opposed to more shallow faces. I would expect the standard x2Hot to be slightly more forgiving than the Deep series too, but I've not tried them in comparable lofts to be sure.

I continue to just love my 3 and 5Deep. I was murdering my 3deep off the deck yesterday. Such an easy club to have some confidence and I can take a healthy swipe and the ball just takes off.

I'm very happy I put these in the bag and I don't see them leaving the bag anytime soon.

Back