Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

First round today at Blackstone. 48-44. I was actually thrilled. Better than I had expected for the first real round. Course is in great condition for being April and dormant. Not a lot of people out playing on a Wednesday morning at 9:30 (if you can believe that....). Was able to get a round in in under 3 hours.

Playing Highlands on Friday.

Very excited for the actual season to get swinging. (I apologize for the pun...).

Nice work for the first round out! I love both of those courses, Two of the best public options in the state imho!

email from Foxford Hills (Cary Area)
I have never played it but have heard good things.

Thur. April 10th - Sun. April 13th.
$39.00/player Golf w/ Cart + Hot Dog

Now that sounds like a good deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff there.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

It's nice. Played it in a snowstorm once.... CDGA tourney in April. Doh!

Broadlands is on there too. 68 for 136 of credit

Fun track. Really nice a little later in the season. Lots of trees. This is one of the Golf Visions courses- I got a free voucher at the Chicago Golf Show.

I'm going to be in Chicago all golf season and would like to take some lessons. Can anyone recommend a teaching pro? I'm especially keen on short game guru's and full swing technology, i.e. video, launch monitor, motion capture. Short game and full swing don't have to be from the same instructor.

I'm going to be in Chicago all golf season and would like to take some lessons. Can anyone recommend a teaching pro? I'm especially keen on short game guru's and full swing technology, i.e. video, launch monitor, motion capture. Short game and full swing don't have to be from the same instructor.

Golftec seems to be the technology guru. I've heard good things about a few of the guys at White Pines Golf Center as well. What area are u living in?

Cantigny has some great teachers.

Got this email from HawksView in Lake Geneva today....

Weekend Golf Special
Only $35 per player, cart included!

When is this special valid?
Saturday, April 12: After 12:00 noon
Sunday, April 13: Anytime

Worried about the rain?
We're offering a 100% rain check policy!
Regardless of how many holes you played, if inclement weather drives you off the course,
we will offer you a rain check for 100% of your greens fee!

Golftec seems to be the technology guru. I've heard good things about a few of the guys at White Pines Golf Center as well. What area are u living in?

Thanks DHartmann. I've been to GT in the past and had mixed results. The pro I signed up to work with left after 1 or 2 lessons leaving me with high priced lessons with a PGA apprentice. Their tech, however, is impressive.

Have you heard of Kevin Weeks at Cog Hill? I read some good reviews about him on another forum.

BTW - I'm living in the loop. Location doesn't really matter because I reckon I'll have to drive regardless.

Thanks DHartmann. I've been to GT in the past and had mixed results. The pro I signed up to work with left after 1 or 2 lessons leaving me with high priced lessons with a PGA apprentice. Their tech, however, is impressive.

Have you heard of Kevin Weeks at Cog Hill? I read some good reviews about him on another forum.

BTW - I'm living in the loop. Location doesn't really matter because I reckon I'll have to drive regardless.

I have read many good things about Kevin Weeks. And really good practice facility! I'm sure you have googled his name :)

Hopefully non of you are near the thunderstorms that are about to open up. Good for the fairways and greens.

Can't wait to finally get out this next week...forecast looks crappy right now.

On a better note, was driving past Lake Arrowhead golf course and it looked to be in decent shape for April

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

First day golf opened around here and naturally thunderstorms all day.

First day golf opened around here and naturally thunderstorms all day.

and to make it even better, it's supposed to rain for the next 3-4 days and on Monday we might get snow...I'm thinking Mother Nature needs a serious beating or something.

I agree the weather is not cooperating. Had to leave the course at 11th hole due to lightning.

Jeff
sent using tapatalk

and to make it even better, it's supposed to rain for the next 3-4 days and on Monday we might get snow...I'm thinking Mother Nature needs a serious beating or something.

+1 for that. I saw the temps look pathetic this week and saw the snow and rain. Been wanting to get out to RSP since the email said they were opening and I could barely get out of the chair today. Good thing the masters is on. Clubs all loaded in the car and nowhere to go.

+1 for that. I saw the temps look pathetic this week and saw the snow and rain. Been wanting to get out to RSP since the email said they were opening and I could barely get out of the chair today. Good thing the masters is on. Clubs all loaded in the car and nowhere to go.

Right there with ya....I have to admit this and it hurts, I haven't even hit the clubs yet this year and it's really bothering me.

Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Right there with ya....I have to admit this and it hurts, I haven't even hit the clubs yet this year and it's really bothering me.

It is what it is I guess with the weather and lack of "quality" indoor facilities here. I only made it to 12 holes in a golf simulator a couple weeks ago. Cant even get myself to the range when it's 42 and a 20mph wind...

Unbelievable snow and 39 degrees.

Jeff
sent using tapatalk

I'm beginning to think spring in Chicago means 4 seasons in one day.

Back