Need advice in a hurry! please help

Slurricane

Reaction score
Handicap
I am a mid-high handicapper looking for a solid set of game improvement irons. Lots of deals going on this weekend and i got roughly a $500 budget.
I went down and got fitted, they reccomended a 1/2" extension, a 2-3 degree up lie, and stiff steel shafts.
I was about to pull the trigger on a set of ping G20's 4-pw for $499 factory fitted with KBS shafts.
Then i saw everyone drooling over these Adams Black IDEA CB3 for $299 (8 piece set):http://dealadaygolf.com/past-deal/Adams-IDEA-Black-CB3-Full-Iron-Set
I actually had a chance to hit this club during fitting and it felt great, but so did the g20s. Of course the rep was pushing the G20s since they were in stock.
Looking for advice here, since the adams are low stock now...
I could get the 8-set of adams for $299, and another $100 should get them fit and regripped.
or I could get the G20s factory fitted for $499.
Help!!

The only thing I can tell you is that I'm not sure if it will cost you $100 to get them extended or re-shafted plus the re-gripping. Might be more like $200, but it really comes down to what felt right to you. Personal preference my friend.

My honest opinion is that you should slow down. It is more important to get the right clubs than to get the right clubs for this weekend.

As JMan says, every club works for someone. So its a matter of deciding which one is best for you. They both felt great? Did one feel better than the other? How was distance and dispersion? I'd go with whichever one you like best.

My honest opinion is that you should slow down. It is more important to get the right clubs than to get the right clubs for this weekend.

As JMan says, every club works for someone. So its a matter of deciding which one is best for you. They both felt great? Did one feel better than the other? How was distance and dispersion? I'd go with whichever one you like best.

Definitely this. You gotta get what works best for you. A deal is awesome but spending money on clubs that dont work for you and you end up hating them is a waste.

Buy what ever feels best to you take a few days to think about it don't let the sales pitch change your opinion

Buy what ever feels best to you take a few days to think about it don't let the sales pitch change your opinion

Totally agree with this, it's a salesman's job to get you excited about something and convince you to make a decision based on emotion in the moment. As far as which ones to get, go with the clubs that fit your eye and make you feel like you're gonna hit it straight every time, confidence in the club is almost more important than the club itself.

I game the CB3s with the stock stiff kbs shafts and these are the best irons I've ever hit bar none. A great forged offering from Adams and pure butter upon contact. Not taking anything away from the cast g20s but if you're looking to take your game to the next level my vote is with the Adams CB3 irons.

I think you need to take a step back and make sure one of these two sets fits your game. The worse thing a player can do is decide because one set is cheaper vs another. I know that budgets dictate what we can purchase, but would hate for a bad decision, especially an iron set purchase, to hamper your game.

With that said between the two sets you mentioned the CB3's are my current irons & I really enjoy them. There is a ton of feedback in this forum and hopefully it will help with the decision

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28009

I agree with the idea that's been introduced here, slow down.

I've often rushed to buy something because I want it too bad, the want vs. need factor has been too big. I end up regretting the decision and in the end it can cost more.

Take a moment, hit some more and take the one that fits you better. Not based on money or want.

Back