New shafts old clubs

dynamac

Reaction score
Handicap
I was wondering if it would be worth the money and effort to put in project x shafts in a set of RAC LT irons. I love the irons but they are over 10 years old. I have been looking at the TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB irons. They set up and look my eye to be very close to what I have now. Just curious if the old head technology will mix with the new shafts. I just read an article here how to reshaft your clubs so i would try this project myself. I have no clue as to weather or not it would be worth it.

I am sure it will work but depending on if the irons are worn out a resifting will cost around 300 for shafts grips and all the extra stuff which 1/2 way to new CB's

Sure, it can work. The LT was a fine iron designed by a great club maker. If you wanted to find something newer that was very similar (and cost very little), you could look at the Nickent 4DX line (before they were purchased by Dick's), as that line was designed by the same person.

I believe that shafts are the engine of the club. If the groves are in good shape go for it .

I was wondering if it would be worth the money and effort to put in project x shafts in a set of RAC LT irons. I love the irons but they are over 10 years old. I have been looking at the TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB irons. They set up and look my eye to be very close to what I have now. Just curious if the old head technology will mix with the new shafts. I just read an article here how to reshaft your clubs so i would try this project myself. I have no clue as to weather or not it would be worth it.

I have done this before and have found I can purchase a set of used iron shafts with grip for a very good price on ebay. I have just done this with my Irons KBS shafts with Iomic
grips in great shape for under $100. with shipping. I had to shop for a while to get what I wanted.

I had my ironshafts with grip for a good price they are in good shape. The grips are in good shape.

Back