Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking good guys

Played Shadow Lake today, walked and shot 98. Feel like someone beat me with a bat now.

Played Shadow Lake today, walked and shot 98. Feel like someone beat me with a bat now.
After walking 18 yesterday, I felt it in my knees, hips and feet. It was like I sprained both ankles and had turf toe. Took today off, but back at it tomorrow.

Finally got 9 holes in today. It felt amazing to finally be out. Also got my membership which includes 28 reciprocal rates so ill have discounts to some of the courses up near you guys

Finally got 9 holes in today. It felt amazing to finally be out. Also got my membership which includes 28 reciprocal rates so ill have discounts to some of the courses up near you guys

I'll have to meet ya out at Triple Creek soon. They're the only place around us that is carrying the new Bridgestone True Balance putters, and I want to give them some test rolls just to get an idea!

Maddog and I got out to Plum Creek, Mark opened officially yesterday. Got my range pass out of the way. It felt SO nice to hit outside and see the ball flight. I was hitting the ball very well. 9 iron through 6 iron I was absolutely smoking the ball. Hitting it high, far, and straight. Woods and wedges weren't the greatest. I was swinging all arms with the wedges which caused me to dig pretty bad. Back at it tomorrow before The Masters!

Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

98 is pretty good for the first time out. Yes, I am not counting the rainy rounds in Maryland. :)

I was thinking I would feel it a little bit today after walking 18, but I felt pretty good this morning. Went to gym this morning for 45 minutes of cardio.

Absolutely crushed me not getting out today. But taxes were finally done today and too much to do today unfortunately.

I'll have to meet ya out at Triple Creek soon. They're the only place around us that is carrying the new Bridgestone True Balance putters, and I want to give them some test rolls just to get an idea!

That would be fun. Ill have to call and see when they open. I know Woodlynn Hills which is right next to it kinda is open with carts. I thought about checking it out next week. Ill have to upload the list of courses I have discouted rates to and see if you guys play or like any of them up that way

That would be fun. Ill have to call and see when they open. I know Woodlynn Hills which is right next to it kinda is open with carts. I thought about checking it out next week. Ill have to upload the list of courses I have discouted rates to and see if you guys play or like any of them up that way

Yeah that sounds great bud! Would make meeting up with everyone easier and more central!

hit the range with six4three5 yesterday, hit fairly well, got straighten out on a line lineup issue and hit the big stick 240 into the wind (almost 300 yards cause of the wind...lol) heading to gym this morning...want to stretch the muscles so I don't sound like an old timer complaining about all the aches and pains from playing my first round of the year....lol

What a beautiful day to get out and play,hope everyone did the same. And to come home and watch a Lefty win again!Sweet!

Good Morning Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I played Terry Hills and Batavia Country Club this weekend. Felt great to be out there. Terry Hills was in great shape. One of the better draining courses in WNY. Shot 90/91 respectively. Not too awful for the first time out.

Cheers.

welcome to THP! Hopefully we will get to tee it up and one of our local gatherings.

Good Morning Everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I played Terry Hills and Batavia Country Club this weekend. Felt great to be out there. Terry Hills was in great shape. One of the better draining courses in WNY. Shot 90/91 respectively. Not too awful for the first time out.

Cheers.

Welcome to THP and our thread!! Not a bad start to the season at all!

Good Morning Everyone,

Cheers.

welcome to THP! make sure to post in the check in section ;)

Good Morning Everyone,

Cheers.

Welcome! Where in Buffalo are you,I'm in Lancaster.

Braemar on Saturday was a good time. My chipping and putting was majorly off due to Optishot messing with me touch around the greens and ball contact on chips. I four putted a par 3!!!! I pitched in a birdie from about 30 yards out to finish the round. My irons were decent, but had some big chunky shots on the wet ground but overall pleased with how my swing felt. Good shots were ball first and solid. My drives were the highlight of the day, I hit 10/14 fairways (all driver besides one 3 wood) and 7/7 on the back nine. Front nine was a rusty, sloppy mess and the back nine I started getting back into things, shot 58/50.

Braemar on Saturday was a good time. My chipping and putting was majorly off due to Optishot messing with me touch around the greens and ball contact on chips. I four putted a par 3!!!! I pitched in a birdie from about 30 yards out to finish the round. My irons were decent, but had some big chunky shots on the wet ground but overall pleased with how my swing felt. Good shots were ball first and solid. My drives were the highlight of the day, I hit 10/14 fairways (all driver besides one 3 wood) and 7/7 on the back nine. Front nine was a rusty, sloppy mess and the back nine I started getting back into things, shot 58/50.

Not too bad considering conditions. It should start drying up this week end after our flurries hit tomorrow!

Braemar on Saturday was a good time. My chipping and putting was majorly off...shot 58/50.

Not bad for the first time out. My wedge game has been mostly a nightmare the first 2 rounds of the year. Putting has been pretty good though. Irons and driver are consistently inconsistent as usual :)

Not bad for the first time out. My wedge game has been mostly a nightmare the first 2 rounds of the year. Putting has been pretty good though. Irons and driver are consistently inconsistent as usual :)

The score was awful but by the end of the round I felt like mid-season form, I think I went 4 bogey's in a row and a birdie to end it. My 71% fairways hit has me full of confidence on the tee box. Driving killed me last year with getting myself in terrible positions, Optishot and cutting my driver down has made a huge difference.

Good Morning Everyone,

Cheers.
welcome aboard, always nice to have new people in the area to enjoy a round or two with.

Good Morning Everyone,

Cheers.

Welcome to THP and to the thread! Glad to have you on board and hopefully we can tee it up soon!

Played Braemar Sunday. Front nine for me was horrendous, man the rain really mucked up the course. On one hole on the back nine I literally lost 2 balls in a row due to hitting just off the fairway. It was so soft balls were getting plugged deep where I couldn't spot them in plain sight areas. Never walked 18 on a longer course like that, now I know why. All and all was good getting out and playing, couldn't believe how hot it got! Ended my round with a par on 18 witha nice 6 ft one putt.

Played Braemar Sunday. Front nine for me was horrendous, man the rain really mucked up the course. Never walked 18 on a longer course like that, now I know why.

Back nine got me and it was probably the easier 9.

And I agree, that was a long 18 to walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back