Game of Thrones [Spoilers]

I'm going with it was in the cake because the new queen never ate a bite & also gave Joffrey the second bite.

As to who did it, the new queen and 'ol grannie.

pretty sure he was the only one who ate the cake, I was thinking Grannie as well, but I think there is a lot of mis-direction going on, so many possibilities

pretty sure he was the only one who ate the cake, I was thinking Grannie as well, but I think there is a lot of mis-direction going on, so many possibilities

But why kill him there, after spending her $$$ on half the wedding and basically putting her family with the "in crowd" with all the power. Now Marg is not the Queen and they go back to where they started before the engagement. Seemed counter productive.

Who killed JR? Read the book.

Who killed JR? Read the book.

This might just be the post of the day here at THP but it's still early.

If only I had the next 12 months to do nothing in my life but catch up on the books. Sound advice and will ponder.

This might just be the post of the day here at THP but it's still early.

If only I had the next 12 months to do nothing in my life but catch up on the books. Sound advice and will ponder.

Haha. I started on the books right after season two. I'm already done with book 4 and loving every minute of it.

They're actually a pretty quick read as they move fairly quick.

I'm actually staying away from the books on purpose. I would like to watch these episodes not knowing anything from the book.

You should be able to read them all about 4 times before the next one comes out.

i dont like the book deviation about who the king slayer trains with .
Spoiler
in the book it was with ilyn payne since he cant talk and tell people

Spoiler

That stood out to me as well.

Spoiler

Yeah, I wondered about that. BUT the fact is, in the show we haven't seen IP in any important point since the end of the 1st season. And honestly Bron is a more interesting character. At this point in the book, I think he's just living happily ever after in his own holdfast.

You know by know in the books who killed Joffrey. Probably won't be revealed for two more HBO seasons, though I'm sure you can google it if you really wanted to know...or feel free to PM me...have read the books thru multiple times now, and they honestly get better everytime. Highly recommend if you haven't...think they make the HBO series even better

Spoiler

The actor who played IP was just diagnosed with cancer last year, so that's probably why they rewrote it. Didn't want to recast him.

You know by know in the books who killed Joffrey. Probably won't be revealed for two more HBO seasons, though I'm sure you can google it if you really wanted to know...or feel free to PM me...have read the books thru multiple times now, and they honestly get better everytime. Highly recommend if you haven't...think they make the HBO series even better

Actually I think we'll find out fairly soon - although I admit the series has taken liberties before in the name of extending/heightening the drama.

Going back an episode, I find it odd that they recast Daario's character. Kinda disappointing.

Going back an episode, I find it odd that they recast Daario's character. Kinda disappointing.

Still no blue beard :arrogant:

well the first guy didnt even have the beard lol

you will see it this season, when they did the previews for the upcoming season there was a clip of a certain someone in chains.

The re-casting of Daario is so startling though. The change in look is just so dramatically different.

I have a really difficult time compartmentalizing the book from the TV show. The first couple seasons I would sit there thinking "this isn't right, this isn't how the book goes, thats not how it happens". Now I am just trying to enjoy the show for what it is, and try and keep it a completely separate entity from books.

you will see it this season, when they did the previews for the upcoming season there was a clip of a certain someone in chains.

that's not who killed him

The re-casting of Daario is so startling though. The change in look is just so dramatically different.

Maybe there realized that he did not have good chemistry with Emilia Clark

Maybe there realized that he did not have good chemistry with Emilia Clark

I thought the new Daario was very good, and had good chemistry. The old Daario was maybe the weirdest looking dude they could have chosen.

Anyone catch the joke from the opening episode last week? "Only **** name their swords."

...and who needed to name their sword this week? LOL. Well played GoT. Well played.

I thought the new Daario was very good, and had good chemistry. The old Daario was maybe the weirdest looking dude they could have chosen.

I was refuring to the old one

Having read the books as well, it's fun reading some of the questions posed on here. Sometimes I have a hard time not answering the questions knowing that they are not really looking for a direct answer in most cases as that would ruin the suspense of future series. At least in the mind of the questioner. But you can tell that most that have read the books are loving the show as well so each has it's enjoyment factor I believe. I just wish he would come out with the books more frequently!!

well the first guy didnt even have the beard lol

While I understand that, I had to rewind it a couple of times to figure out who he was supposed to be. Just saying it seemed odd.
The new guy has a beard but it ain't forked or blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back