Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
first time out today, went to the only open range around and hit 3 large buckets, first one to loosen up a bit and work on things, with the last two I recreated the shots I would have to play my home course, it was fun and I did hit rather well.

felt good to not hit on a screen that's 10 feet away and finally be able to see the whole ball flight.

I live in the city but originally from Depew/Cheektovegas
If you ever want to play,I'm Allan and Andy(moosejaa) usually hook up on Thursday mornings but weekends are good for me.
ArrowHead,IvyRidge,GlenOak are the main courses I play locally.Actually,anywhere would be fine!

first time out today, went to the only open range around and hit 3 large buckets, first one to loosen up a bit and work on things, with the last two I recreated the shots I would have to play my home course, it was fun and I did hit rather well.

felt good to not hit on a screen that's 10 feet away and finally be able to see the whole ball flight.
Glad to see you're outside now.How long before the courses open?

Glad to see you're outside now.How long before the courses open?

by the looks of it, with the amount of water everywhere, it could be the first weekend of may

Not that far away.

nope indeed, I heard that a few courses might try to open this weekend, but we are expecting snow tonight

nope indeed, I heard that a few courses might try to open this weekend, but we are expecting snow tonight
1-3 inches possible today but it'll be gone by tomorrow.

1-3 inches possible today but it'll be gone by tomorrow.

yes it will be gone, what is worrying me is the amount of water on the courses, a lot of snow to melt, and we had way more rain than usual in the past few weeks. Most courses around here have a less than adequate irriguation system, and i'm concerned for the playing conditions for the next few months

yes it will be gone, what is worrying me is the amount of water on the courses, a lot of snow to melt, and we had way more rain than usual in the past few weeks. Most courses around here have a less than adequate irriguation system, and i'm concerned for the playing conditions for the next few months
yep. lots of courses will be the same.

Played Braemar Sunday. Front nine for me was horrendous, man the rain really mucked up the course. On one hole on the back nine I literally lost 2 balls in a row due to hitting just off the fairway. It was so soft balls were getting plugged deep where I couldn't spot them in plain sight areas. Never walked 18 on a longer course like that, now I know why. All and all was good getting out and playing, couldn't believe how hot it got! Ended my round with a par on 18 witha nice 6 ft one putt.

Back nine got me and it was probably the easier 9.

And I agree, that was a long 18 to walk.

It felt great walking that course, you old men! :bananadance:

It felt great walking that course, you old men! :bananadance:
It would have felt great if I had a push cart (they were all out), it wasn't even my back. Just lugging around the extra 9-10 lbs for 6 hours did me in and I am 27 and physically fit. Thank god I wore my Lunar Control II's, feet felt great!

It would have felt great if I had a push cart (they were all out), it wasn't even my back. Just lugging around the extra 9-10 lbs for 6 hours did me in and I am 27 and physically fit. Thank god I wore my Lunar Control II's, feet felt great!

Ah ok, if you carried then I understand lol.

The damp ground will take it's toll on you and you won't realise it!

There's a good amount of courses open down here by me but its absolutely pouring right now and im afraid this will set them back. Was nice to get out this week finally tho

Sounds like everyone is finally starting to get to knock the rust off! Thank goodness we didn't get nearly as much snow as they predicted. Hopefully we're done with that crap! 40 and sunny tomorrow will be a brisk range session for this guy tomorrow after work. Looking good for Thursday and Friday. Having the day off from one job on Friday means I'll be playing LeRoy all day!

Sounds like everyone is finally starting to get to knock the rust off! Thank goodness we didn't get nearly as much snow as they predicted. Hopefully we're done with that crap! 40 and sunny tomorrow will be a brisk range session for this guy tomorrow after work. Looking good for Thursday and Friday. Having the day off from one job on Friday means I'll be playing LeRoy all day!

Snuck out to the dome before work today. Can't remember hitting the irons better. Hope it carries over to Friday's round.

How's LeRoy looking after the latest precip? I assume we're walking?

Snuck out to the dome before work today. Can't remember hitting the irons better. Hope it carries over to Friday's round.

How's LeRoy looking after the latest precip? I assume we're walking?

Depends how tomorrow and Thursday go, but LeRoy is usually pretty decent at drying up besides a few holes. I plan on doing some chipping and putting Thursday at LeRoy so I'll know more then. As far as walking and riding I'm not a 100% sure on that one.

Just thought Id pop in , longtime lurker from Irondequoit (rochester)...played Eagle Vale Saturday which was like a swamp but shot 87 for my first round of the year so not too horrible, then played Ravenwood Sunday and shot 84, the course was in awesome shape. Im thinking about getting a lesson or 2 before the season gets going and wanted some input from any of you guys that have gotten lessons in rochester, can you recommend anyone or where to go?

Just thought Id pop in , longtime lurker from Irondequoit (rochester)...played Eagle Vale Saturday which was like a swamp but shot 87 for my first round of the year so not too horrible, then played Ravenwood Sunday and shot 84, the course was in awesome shape. Im thinking about getting a lesson or 2 before the season gets going and wanted some input from any of you guys that have gotten lessons in rochester, can you recommend anyone or where to go?
Welcome buddy. I'm in Albany, but there are a ton of guys out your way that I'm sure will steer you in the right direction.

Welcome man. I did a lesson package at golftec in Pittsford and it was awesome. Id highly recommend them

Anthony - welcome to THP and the thread. I have worked the last couple of years with Jim Muszak. He is in Spencerport near Salmon Creek. Gives lessons in his backyard range and is great to work with.

I knowing Jimmy works with Jim Edmeister (spelling). Have met Brian Jacobs - a lot of people speak highly of him. He is based at Mill Creek.

ive definitely heard good things about golftec just heard they charge you an arm and a leg

Welcome Anthony!! Like Aaron said I work with Jim Edmister out of Braemar. He was with Chili last year. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He's very affordable and very open to what YOU want and not what he thinks you need. He's willing to work around what you want to make yourself a better golfer. As Aaron said Brian Jacobs out of Mill Creek I believe is highly regarded and he's a Nike guy too so I'm sure you guys would get along nicely! If you have any questions about Jim feel free to shoot me a PM I'd be glad to get you guys in touch.

ive definitely heard good things about golftec just heard they charge you an arm and a leg

It's expensive to only do a few but they cut me 20% for my first time and total the lessons were cheaper than private from my home course

Welcome Anthony, I am right in Irondequoit too. Great score at Ravenwood, my buddy played there last week and said the course looked great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back