Overcast, Yellow balls

stewarthans45

Reaction score
Handicap
Just wondering if anyone else ever uses a yellow ball when it's cloudy or overcast. I've never really played a yellow ball until last week I decided to pick up a pack of Bridgestone b26 in yellow when it was mostly cloudy last week. So much easier to spot over a white ball. I think from now on ill keep a pack of them on one side of my bag just for those kind of days.

Just wondering if anyone else ever uses a yellow ball when it's cloudy or overcast. I've never really played a yellow ball until last week I decided to pick up a pack of Bridgestone b26 in yellow when it was mostly cloudy last week. So much easier to spot over a white ball. I think from now on ill keep a pack of them on one side of my bag just for those kind of days.

I prefer a yellow ball and use them frequently in all conditions, not just overcast. I can really follow them better at a distance.

My old golf partner always used yellow golf balls. I find them difficult to find and follow, but that's just personal.

I use yellow balls exclusively now. In bright sunlight, I find them far easier to see than white balls.

I started using yellow about a year ago and that is now all I play. I see them much better in all conditions.

I only play yellow,usually Srixon Q star or Z star SL.I am 62 and I can definitely see the yellow better.Another good thing is that no one else in my playing groups play yellow, so I can always tell my ball in the fairway or on the green.

I use yellow except in the fall. It can be impossible to find them here in WNY haha

I use them most of the time in any conditions. I dont think they are any easier to find. A hidden ball is hedden even if it glows oin the dark. But they are certainly without a doubt imo much easier to track in flight and that leads to a better idea of where it landed. Its also nice that when a couple few balls are near eachother there is never a doubt which one is yours. But more na dmore are using them and i hope they dont.

Played a yellow Callaway Supersoft yesterday in cloudy conditions and it really helped me find the ball because of the leaves and stuff. Love playing a yellow ball.

I like to play a yellow ball as well. Part of the reason I play the Duo a lot. Think I might eventually switch over to the e5 full-time. Have it in orange and can't make up my mind if I like it or not.

I've experimented with a yellow ball for two years now, and honestly, I can't tell the difference when tracking ballflight. I do like seeing a ball in the fairway (HA!) and knowing it's mine though when playing with guys all using white.

I like orange better

I use yellow except in the fall. It can be impossible to find them here in WNY haha

I prefer to use yellow most of the time, but in the fall I switch to white because of all of the yellow leaves. Using a yellow ball was especially beneficial on the courses I played a couple of weeks ago. The courses were located in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains and there is a lot of white quartz type rock in the area, especially around the streams and rough areas. This made finding a white ball very difficult and seemed to make the yellow stand out even more.

I use yellow balls exclusively now. In bright sunlight, I find them far easier to see than white balls.

I have a hard time seeing them when the sun is bright. Sometimes the fairways out here can be a light green/brownish and I have a hard time seeing them sitting there, better when they are white for me. On overcast days, the yellow DUO is my go to.

I'm a recent convert to playing golf with yellow balls.

They're incredibly easy to track in the air (regardless of cloud cover in the skies) and even easier to spot on the ground (especially in rough where there are so many things which look like white specks [more than you would imagine]).

FYI - My current gamer ball is the Callaway Hex Chrome Yellow.

I don't know if I could make the switch to a yellow ball. It would be like if they switched the color of a baseball. Doesn't compute.

I used a bright yellow Srixon ball last night when it was getting tough to see due to darkness. I thought it was much easier to spot under those conditions.

Wouldn't it be easier just to hit the middle of the fairway and not having to go looking for your ball?? LOL

Wouldn't it be easier just to hit the middle of the fairway and not having to go looking for your ball?? LOL

With a white ball in sunlight, as soon as the ball nears the fairway, I lose sight of it. I'll obviously see it as I walk up to it, but it's nice to see it land in case of any unexpected bounces.

I use the Srixon Z-Star in Tour Yellow....all the time.

I like orange better

I agree. so much easier to track in the air and spot from a distance. I just wish more balls were made in orange.

Back