Looking for a new ball to try....

Golds

Reaction score
Handicap
NY Winter
I am leaning towards the Bridgestone B330-RX which I was fitted with according to the their website. I am a 90-95 driver swing speed, avg 240 yards, high 80's iron swing speed, straight ball path looking for distance off the tee and spin around the greens. I have a sleeve of TM project(a) I am going to try out and I've heard great things about the Nike 20XI, but there's so many to choose from I could use some recommendations based on my golf swing specs.

I am leaning towards the Bridgestone B330-RX which I was fitted with according to the their website. I am a 90-95 driver swing speed, avg 240 yards, high 80's iron swing speed, straight ball path looking for distance off the tee and spin around the greens. I have a sleeve of TM project(a) I am going to try out and I've heard great things about the Nike 20XI, but there's so many to choose from I could use some recommendations based on my golf swing specs.

I also did the online fitting and then spoke with a rep and he suggested the b330 rx for me as well. Ive heard awesome things about them and really don't know why I haven't picked some up already

Callaway SR1 seems like it could be a good fit for you since the aerodynamics would produce some extra lift on the longer clubs.

Bridgestone RX is a fantastic ball and should definitely meet your needs as well.

Both balls are very nice and will most likly work for you i find the Project (a) a bit softer around the greens

I was going to suggest the TM Project a but you have already. I am having a great time playing them.

90-95 driver swing speed is the same as me. I use Wilson Duo, Callaway Supersoft, people say the Q star fall into this grouping as well, but i've never tried it.

I would check out the B330rx or the B330s. I have similar swing speed and was fitted for both. I've only tried the B330rx so far and am very happy with it.

90-95 driver swing speed is the same as me. I use Wilson Duo, Callaway Supersoft, people say the Q star fall into this grouping as well, but i've never tried it.

Same here, I use both the DUO and Supersoft. I find the DUO is a little better for working the ball, the Supersoft is striaghter and somewhat longer.

The new RX is very nice.

SR2 fits you swing speed. I've been enjoying that ball very much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

We should also ask what is your budget for balls and what are you looking to gain on of the ball?

You sound right in line with me in swing speed. I did the online Bfit fitting several years ago and was given the B330-RX. Been playing it since and love it. Had the choice confirmed at a live Bridgestone ball fitting last May.

PM sent

I'm going through my first ever ball fitting next weekend; and can't wait to see what Bridgestone recommends.

What is the current ball you are switching from? Maybe I misread your initial post, but I don't remember reading it.

I've the same sort of swing speed as you Golds. Have enjoyed the E6 for a few years and have tried the RX but the RXS seems the best fit for me. It's actually longer off the driver than the E6 which was a real surprise, and feels more responsive than the RX with my short game. The RX is a heck of a good ball though. Good luck with it.

My budget is under $40 and my ideal ball has spin around the greens and flies off the driver face. I've been using pinnacle gold as my budget ball and prov1 as my high end ball. Neither do much for me, very bored with these golf balls.

I really like the new Project A ball, and I also want to try the MG C4 ball...

My budget is under $40 and my ideal ball has spin around the greens and flies off the driver face. I've been using pinnacle gold as my budget ball and prov1 as my high end ball. Neither do much for me, very bored with these golf balls.
Have you tried the e6? Would definitely be in your price range, and just about everyone loves that ball.

Same here, I use both the DUO and Supersoft. I find the DUO is a little better for working the ball, the Supersoft is striaghter and somewhat longer.

Longer than the DUO?! Dang, may have to try that one.

If you have not tried the DUO yet, you must. I have been playing the B330 RXS which is also a great ball but for $20/dz, I just do not think there is a better ball out there.

Over the last year have tried Z-Star (normal, sl & XV), Pro V1's, V1x's, Lethal, Hex Chrome, B330-rxs & Nike 20XI. I have been gaming the B330-rxs for the last month. Had my best ever score two weeks ago using one but always come back to the Z-Star SL. Love that ball, always is longer off the tee & is nice around the greens.

Longer than the DUO?! Dang, may have to try that one.

If you have not tried the DUO yet, you must. I have been playing the B330 RXS which is also a great ball but for $20/dz, I just do not think there is a better ball out there.

I had a duo gave to me and I put it up against the super soft tonight. I like the super soft better and distance was better for me.

If you like to play a ProV x or other urethane balls the MG C4 from mg.com (Master Golf) $23.00 shipped a dozen is a very good ball.

SR2's or Callaway Hex Chrome+. Hex Chromes might, might, be the best value ball out there right now. The only urethane covered ball that doesn't produce distance-killing driver spin, for me.

Finding lots of FG tours on clearance lately.

The NXT Tour S and the E6 are both great balls. I've also been playing with some Q-Stars that I got as a gift, and it's a decent ball too...

Dax

Back