Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound vs. BCT Cord

Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound vs. BCT Cord

• Total voters

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Well I'm trying to decide on my next set of grips and I think I have it down to a couple finalists:
GP NDMC Whiteout (Black)
61UFsoNQ8HL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
GP BCT Cord (White)
30062064.jpg

First a little background, I used to wear a glove, I got tired of paying for new ones so I stopped using them, I'm know seeing a benefit in wearing them again, and since I'm doing that I decided to look at different grips I hadn't previously, I use primarily a GP Tour Velvet now.

I understand the benefits of a cord and multicompounds for grip especially in wet/humid conditions, which here in the midwest happen a lot!!!

So I'm curious first and foremost the pros and cons of each from those that have researched more than I or used them. And second if you had to choose, which way would you lean?

That seems like a couple abrasive grips for not wearing gloves, but that's just me.

i have the NDMC in all but 1 of my clubs (RBZ 3 wood)

and i actually have those exact NDMC white-outs on my 588 irons. i love them.
i would agree with Hawkster that they are two rough grips for not wearing a glove.

i wear a glove and tape two fingers on my non-glove hand, but i still love those grips and plan on sticking with them.

They both sure look good.

if you need any persuading....

7765984260_3f8e08bc37_z.jpg

7765983802_43cb15e2b3_z.jpg

Sexy floor! Clubs too :D

they both look good, but man these grips tear my hands apart. Though I heard that last years version was somewhat softer, I guess I'll need to check that out.

I have tried these types of grips for me they are not tackey enough and tend to slide around to much i stick with the tour wraps.

I always seem to end up back at TV's. They are consistent. I never liked the multicompound grips, because, I don't want to feel my right hand. I want it along for the ride (right handed).

That seems like a couple abrasive grips for not wearing gloves, but that's just me.
Yeah, I would never try these without a glove, but now that I'm going to go back to wearing one I figured I'd try some of these different styles out!
if you need any persuading....

7765984260_3f8e08bc37_z.jpg
Darn you, now my pondering is in overdrive!!! I love the look!

I love those ndmc's!

How hard is the white cord to keep clean??

I have whiteouts on my irons and woods. Regular NDMCs on my driver and wedges. Everyone is different but they work for me. Gloves, no gloves, whatever.

The white can get a touch dirty. Gripes usually take care of that though. The only thing that bothers me about the whiteouts is the butt of the grip gets dirty from the bottom of the bag I guess, but I think you'll get that with any white grip.

I do love my NDMCs.

I'm pretty bias, but I would say NDMC and too play in humid conditions here in the Maritimes.

I love NDMC's I'm glad to hear they also work well in high humidity, something I'm going to have to take into account this Summer.

Out of the 2 options I would go with the BCT Cord. I really dislike the NDMCs, I really hate the bottom hand material. I think they wear out too quickly and on the one I tested the bottom hand gets slick in the rain. Not sure if you looked at it and dismissed it already but I would suggest you look at the Z-Cords if you haven't already.

Back