feedback and your thoughts on all the ball talk

Art M

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been out golfing as much as possible lately. Now that I have got my game to the point where I may or may not lose a ball during a round I am trying to find the right "one" for me. Some that I have played recently: q star, e5, e6, rbz urethane, hex chrome +, nst tour s, wilson duo. I have not found any real winners in that group. It might be that I am not consistent enough to recognize any the characteristic differences between them. I am a high ball hitter, generally speaking if I hit the green with any iron, my ball does not roll (4 iron excluded). I do notice nice back spin with a few of those balls but don't know if I find that useful.? Truth be told, i shot a pb, an 87, yesterday with my tried and true warbird. My point or question, do you have to be a certain level of golfer to appreciate quality balls?

If you're trying to control your ball around the green via spin (short wedges), look at the urethane balls (e5, Chrome+, RBZU). If not, no real need to pay the premium.

Might be worth checking out the Wilson Staff DX3? Good ball, 3 piece and a great price.
I tried both the DX2 and the DX3. I found that the DX2 scuffed/marked more easily than the DX3.

I have been out golfing as much as possible lately. Now that I have got my game to the point where I may or may not lose a ball during a round I am trying to find the right "one" for me. Some that I have played recently: q star, e5, e6, rbz urethane, hex chrome +, nst tour s, wilson duo. I have not found any real winners in that group. It might be that I am not consistent enough to recognize any the characteristic differences between them. I am a high ball hitter, generally speaking if I hit the green with any iron, my ball does not roll (4 iron excluded). I do notice nice back spin with a few of those balls but don't know if I find that useful.? Truth be told, i shot a pb, an 87, yesterday with my tried and true warbird. My point or question, do you have to be a certain level of golfer to appreciate quality balls?

Have you tried a Bridgestone Ball Fitting? I took the plunge last year and ended up in the B330 and have loved it ever since.

Back