What do PGA pros do when they retire?

arwin

Reaction score
Most of us would play golf when we retire, but what does a PGA pro do when he's retired from golf?

Enjoy life.
Depends on the player but many have outside activities they have not been able to dive into fully due to their hard work.

Then add that it's a sport many pros late into their lives

Most of us would play golf when we retire, but what does a PGA pro do when he's retired from golf?

Good question! I know a lot of them own businesses after they retire. Other than that, I don't know

If you're Arnold Palmer I could write a whole page of stuff he does now haha

Are you talking Tour Pros or PGA pros ?

if you are talking Tour Pros some keep playing on the Champions Tour some run businesses some have to go find a job most likely elsewhere in the golf industry
Most PGA pro are just like you and me they are the Teachers and GM's of Courses so i would imagine travel and probably still play some golf

I meant tour pros that have made enough in their career to do whatever they pleased.

I meant tour pros that have made enough in their career to do whatever they pleased.
I would think that is only the case for the very top guys on tour not majority of the field

They go fishing

Shag models on piles of money?

If they've made that sort of coin, they still probably play Champions Tour, probably do some corporate glad handing. Those who feel like it get a position as Pro Emeritis somewhere.
The rest are all over the map, I'd think. Some go back to the farm, some ranch. Some fish. I'm sure plenty play a little golf, have a few cocktails, get reacquainted with the family and let the future take care of itself.

They once asked Sam Snead if he was going to retire. He said, "All I do now is golf and fish, what would I do if I retired?"

They once asked Sam Snead if he was going to retire. He said, "All I do now is golf and fish, what would I do if I retired?"

This would be me. I would imagine most would still play the game, but more so with family and spend time doing things with their family.

Back