Top of the hand injury anyone?

lilbilly

Reaction score
Handicap
Sure someone else has had this and can chime in here. Yesterday I hit one super fat and it was some heavy thick mud. Immediately at impact I felt it, and afterwards. Pain on the top of my hand. That was hole 2 unfortunately. Played through it and then this morning it's slightly swollen and sore.

Guessing a sprain possibly? Any heavy items putting pressure on the grip hurts. Seems to be the bones/muscles in the middle, off the 2nd and 3rd fingers.

Any suggestions? Just rest it?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Sure someone else has had this and can chime in here. Yesterday I hit one super fat and it was some heavy thick mud. Immediately at impact I felt it, and afterwards. Pain on the top of my hand. That was hole 2 unfortunately. Played through it and then this morning it's slightly swollen and sore.

Guessing a sprain possibly? Any heavy items putting pressure on the grip hurts. Seems to be the bones/muscles in the middle, off the 2nd and 3rd fingers.

Any suggestions? Just rest it?

Ouch dude. When in doubt and banged up, R.I.C.E., Rest Ice Compression and Elevation. Take something for the inflamation (ibuprofen/aleve) and see if it starts to feel better, if not, might need to go get that one looked at man. I've had some wrist and hand injuries, never back there though.

Ouch dude. When in doubt and banged up, R.I.C.E., Rest Ice Compression and Elevation. Take something for the inflamation (ibuprofen/aleve) and see if it starts to feel better, if not, might need to go get that one looked at man. I've had some wrist and hand injuries, never back there though.

First time I've ever injured myself playing golf, lol. I told my wife that's very indicative of the state of my game. Been playing for 17 years and never been hurt, lol.

I would say rest or a week or two and see how it feels. If it hurts after a short rest, then rest it a month. The last thing you want is for it to become chronic.

And find some exercises for it.

Here is an of suggestion. Go see a chiropractor. When I had golfers elbow, I went to mine for a back issue, and I mentioned my elbow. He did a quick adjustment on it and it helped as lot! He said he wished I would have seen him after the pain didn't go away after a week!

Top of the hand injury anyone?

Done this and other things many times.

Ice immediately after and injury or as son as you're done playing. The ice for only the first 24 hrs. 1/2 hr on and 1/2 hr off.

That'll keep be swelling down.

After that, you can work with alternating heat. 15-20 minutes on about every 45 minutes for a couple hrs a day. That will help bring influx of blood and other healing elements into the area without having to put stress on the area.

After a week or so, start with light resistance like gripping exercises and swinging an alignment rod or an extra shaft.

After the strenuous rehab, ice it for a half hour to keep swelling down.

Within 2-3 weeks you should be back to 100%.

If you're experiencing a great deal of pain get an X-ray. It is Possible to break bones in the hand with that much force.

You can wrap it up during the day if it helps alleviate pain and discomfort.

Ibuprofen or another form
Of anti inflammatory would help as well.

Disclaimer: I. AM. NOT. A. DOCTOR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice guys. It's not much swelling at all, and the pain is really only when stress is put on that area, like during hand shaking time at church today, ouch!

Going to lay off it for a week or so and see how it feels.

Been dealing with a similar injury for 5+ months, being told repeatedly it was tendon related and receiving cortisone shots.

It wasn't until last month after repeated visits that I got a bone scan that reveal a stress fracture. (initial xray did not). To boot...the cortisone injections were stunting the bone growth.

Moral of story...dont wait too long for something to heal. Wish I had listened to my body sooner and insisted on alternative diagnosis much earlier.

Been dealing with a similar injury for 5+ months, being told repeatedly it was tendon related and receiving cortisone shots.

It wasn't until last month after repeated visits that I got a bone scan that reveal a stress fracture. (initial xray did not). To boot...the cortisone injections were stunting the bone growth.

Moral of story...dont wait too long for something to heal. Wish I had listened to my body sooner and insisted on alternative diagnosis much earlier.

Oh crap, I really should get my right hand checked, after taking a triple on our finishing hole I forcibly inserted a wedge into the bag, unfortunately, having just placed the putter into the bag the top of my right hand was in the way.

wow. what a week for injuries i think i got a similar thing. sunday i dug a deep divot on a swing (im kind of a strong grip) and my lower hand has a pain between the 1st and 2nd finger knuckle

Quit whining...rub some dirt on it.

Just kidding...I agree with the alternating ice and heat. If it's real sore in a few days, better get a doc to look at it.

Back