New Balance NBG2002 & NBG2001 Golf Shoe Preview

I think the top 2 are good looking shoes. However, there's something about the New Balance logo that's a little too editorial for my taste on the golf course.

Love the looks of both the black and red and the grey and yellow.

I'm digging the gray/yellow 2002's. I tried on the minimus this past weekend, they just weren't "my thing" I suppose if you were a runner and used to the super-lightweight type sneakers, they'd be right up your alley. Also tried on the more traditional style, they wouldn't sway me from a FootJoy or similar style shoe. I wear NB exclusively, so hopefully the 2002 is more like their traditional sneakers.

The all black pair is ok, but of the colors and styles shown, I'd have to go with the brown saddle look. I'm still wearing FJ Contours, so the old school look doesn't bother me as long as they are comfortable. I like New Balance footwear and if they can come out with golf shoes anywhere near as comfortable as the Contours, then they'll have a winner on their hands.
I'm looking forward to seeing how both these and some of the Skechers golf shoes fit.

Not digging the brown/white ones, but I really like the others. I like the fact that they're available in wides. When you have square feet like me, it can be tough to find shoes.

I am curious about the CHAMP® ONE-Lok® fastening system. After hearing about the problems with PINS, does this new system work better?

As far as the shoes goes, the athletic styles look ok. But, I don't think many folks will be buying these shoes for their good looks. Function and comfort over form.

I hope the 12 4E fits because I like these.

I think the white and blue look the best by far, those white and brown ones are hideous. The logo while no bigger than most other logos just looks out of place.

black ones don't look bad and not a horrible price point. id try them on at least to see how they feel.... although i think this year i want to get a pair of black traditional golf shoes i've got a ton of sneaker style now and no traditional pairs for when i play at a nicer course or event.

I think the black ones look the best of the 3 shown in the first post but my favorite is still the white and blue from the PGA show booth

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The black look great

Oh wow. Those look really good.

I don't know why, but the grey/yellow ones speak to me. I really like seeing more and more cues being taken from running shoes to implement in golf shoes.

The only ones I'd buy would be the grey/yellow ones; but not before the grey Minimus Spikeless ones.

As a big New Balance fan, I'd be all over some of these if they made them in a spikeless shoe...

I bought the spineless ones about a month ago. I have wide feet and they fit perfectly. A little squeaky on the greens though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

with my hip and leg pain i have in my daily life i would like to go to the nb store here and try these but i would like to ask a questin
champ one lok zarma
i looked on tgw, rockbottom, edwin watts, golf galaxy
where are replacement spikes to be found?

for anyone interested, i emailed champ about the spikes

[FONT=&quot]Hello Mike, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The One-Lok system is brand new, and New Balance is the only brand on the market currently using it. For now, replacement cleats are available directly through New Balance, and should soon up listed for sale on www.newbalance.com.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As the season progresses, replacement spikes should also start to pop up at other retail sites, like tgw.com, golfspikes.com & par4inc.com.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Best Regards,
Rich

CHAMP[/FONT]

I like these as well. I like the entire line this year.

I just played my first two rounds in the 2002's and they definitely run true to size. They are the most comfortable spiked golf shoe that I have ever owned and required no break-in time at all.

I played in the heat of the DR and the shoes were very light and breathable enough that I had no problems. I am considering going out and getting another color!!!

I had my heart set on the gray/yellow 2002's, but now the 2001's are looking really comfortable... Now to find some place that has size 13's in stock so I can try them out!

I own the gray ones and LOVE them. I was an Adidas shoe homer up until I wore these. I will admit the looks at different but the comfort is awesome. I wore them in #TheKing and I don't think they were to ugly lol

I own the gray ones and LOVE them. I was an Adidas shoe homer up until I wore these. I will admit the looks at different but the comfort is awesome. I wore them in #TheKing and I don't think they were to ugly lol

Yeah, but you make everything look good ... even this chump's bad swing! lol.

Yeah, but you make everything look good ... even this chump's bad swing! lol.

Lol partner, your swing is good, and dang I really hope we are paired up again sometime, I had a blast playing with you my friend

Back