Be sure to strap on your golf bag tightly on to the cart.
If not, this happens to your clubs. Ugghh...

The foursome in front of us on Saturday hit their tee balls, hopped in their carts and drove off. Where the cart path transitioned from gravel to the grass, they hit a bump and the 2nd cart lost one of the bags off the back, not strapped in. It made a crash we heard from 150 feet away. Both carts drove another 100 yards down the fairway, splitting left and right. One group drove up, then back looking for balls. We are waving and hollering "dropped a bag!!" (its a casual place)... It was several minutes that we watched before the guy finally found his ball and went to pull a club, when he realized his bag was missing...

By now we're on the ground rolling around at the look on his face. I think he was just on the other side of the forward tee box mound and couldn't see the bag on the ground. I really think his mind was trying to figure out how someone stole his bag for a second. It was pretty funny. I hope nothing was damaged.

Be sure to: fix your ball marks! Absolutely no reason not to and it is ridiculous seeing a green with 30 pitch marks unfixed.

Be sure to... Really look closely at your surroundings before you pick up a ball out of a drainage ditch.... Saturday I hit 2 off the tee on number 3...485 yard par 5 with a big downslope at around the 225 yard marker...second shot was just an experiment to see where a hybrid off the tee would leave me...that ball went into a drainage ditch where a culvert runs under that fairway at the bottom of the slope...

As I reached down to pick up my ball I saw a huge fat bullfrog in a pile of wet leaves about 18 inches from the ball.. picked up the ball and looked back at the frog and that's when I noticed something that scared the **** outta me.. only the head neck and front feet of the frog was visible... because the rest of it was being swallowed by the biggest copperhead me or my playing partner had ever seen. For those who don't know, copperheads are the most deadly poisonous snakes in southwest Missouri, and I picked up a ball less than 2 feet from the things mouth. Thank heaven that mouth was full of bullfrog or I might not be typing this today.

As I was stepping away and starting to freak out my buddy grabbed his 7 iron and hit the shot of the day... one perfectly placed whack separated the snakes head from the rest of his body.

Neither he nor I have ever seen a snake on this course other than a little green garter snake once on the bank of the pond that overflows into this ditch. After 3 years of playing there regularly I became so comfy that I never worry about what might be laying in a pile of leaves or at the edge of a pond....at least I USED to never worry.

Aahh the serpent , I hate snakes but at the same time I am intrigued as heck. Love to see them yet cant stand them. I get the heebeegeebees but strangely cant look away. Fatal attraction I guess.

I was working in a pet store once fixing the guys air conditioner units and they have a 15 foot Python and was in the small closet washing at the sink next to its enclosure. The large enclosure that housed the python had a door on it that had no handle. It was secured in another way but none the less there is a hole wehere the door knob should be and the enclosure itself is raised off the floor a few feet so the door knob hole was acrually fairly high off the ground.

Well, as I was washing in a dark dimly lit closet I sensed an eerie presence and something made me turn around. And there is this giant head and about a foot or so of this snake raised up over my shoulder just looking down at me like prey. It totally freaked me out and to this day (many years later) I still get nutzy cookoo about it. I have no doubt this thing in that dark closet was going to try to take me down if I was just another half foot closer or perhaps if it managed to squeeze through the hole any further before I noticed. I got the heebeegeebees just telling this story. Freaking me out even more still now reliving it.

Always be sure to be nice to your vermin eating friends. In Arizona last year, I dropped this rattler next to a hole that had 3 ground squirrels sticking their heads out of. He promptly went down after the inhabitants.

rat_zps65e2ca37.jpg

Always be sure to be nice to your vermin eating friends. In Arizona last year, I dropped this rattler next to a hole that had 3 ground squirrels sticking their heads out of. He promptly went down after the inhabitants.

Sorry to sound like an authority of some sort but I don't know why one would pick up a rattler to begin with as thats just asking for trouble imo.

This has nothing to do with the snake stories, but what came to mind was be sure to zip up your pants.

rat_zps65e2ca37.jpg

are

you

stinkin

kidding me?!?

Oy... enough about snakes! Makes me cringe. Yuck!

Here's another one
Be sure to: Bring some snacks for your rounds. I get really tired and my body shakes when I'm hungry which can affect the play. I learned that the hard way the other day.

I am not a fan of snakes so I think I might have to stay away from some of your courses.....

Mine - Be sure to remember to put your umbrella in your bag instead of leaving it in the car

Oy... enough about snakes! Makes me cringe. Yuck!

Here's another one
Be sure to: Bring some snacks for your rounds. I get really tired and my body shakes when I'm hungry which can affect the play. I learned that the hard way the other day.
+1. If it is hot, be sure tobring enough water.

Prove: two years back, I started a bit hungry and only one small bottle on a course without a snack cart. I would have quit, but that course is a continuous 18 hole loop. I got a good snack and enough to drink at the halfway bar. Shot 63-39.

as far as snacks and water you guys are mentioning not to forget about.
The importance of eating and even more so for drinking is to do it in advance before you even leave the house. Once our body's are already thirsty and/or hungry for some nutrtion and energy we are technically too late and playing catch up from that point on. We dont digest and get energy from a couple of healthy snacks in just 5 minutes time. And I believe water takes about 45 minutes to do what it has to do in the body.

I happen to love water and drink it constantly so I am never without. But I also sweat heavily vs the average person so I need it badly. Even when I was much slimmer I just always poured it out.

The eating part is where I fail to do enough of before a round. Dont get me wrong, I am over weight and eat like a horse but when heading out for the early morning round I many times have nothing more than a banana may be.

Even though i drink a lot that possible banana is just not enough food energy to help get me through the hot summer walking rounds especially since i am over weight. I really have to eat right and do it early enough before I even head out of the house. Actually i have to start eating right all the time :)

And i know many do this and i might take some heat but i am not a fan of energy drinks. Even though i dont eat right I would rather eat and drink correctly than just drink that stuff for a fake boost of energy. And i also cant have much caffine anyway.

Put on the parking brake when on an incline and near water hazards....I'm sure you posted this one. Here in FLA, with a lot of old timer golfers, it is a problem.....or drunk players. BTW, gotta be a tough discussion to have w/ the pro shop when you turn the cart back in.

Always have a tee and extra ball in your pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Replace your head covers immediately after using a club. I found two on a course one time and brought them into the pro shop. The employee threw them in a pile of others on a table. A guy that was in the store asks the employee how much the used headcovers were and he said "free". So the guy grabs a head cover out of the pile and leaves! I was a little suprised, but I guess finders keepers?

Replace your head covers immediately after using a club. I found two on a course one time and brought them into the pro shop. The employee threw them in a pile of others on a table. A guy that was in the store asks the employee how much the used headcovers were and he said "free". So the guy grabs a head cover out of the pile and leaves! I was a little suprised, but I guess finders keepers?

That's a good one. I lose my headcovers often.

I'll go long, but I like the thread:

1. Be sue to keep your eyes open when you're on a course with native grasses and wildlife.

It's not just snakes. I came face to face with a coyote yesterday. Not four feet away. He'd been there, and I just had my nose in my sticks and scorecard and wasn't watching. I'm not too worried about a single coyote, but that was too close and it could have cost me.

2. Be sure to open your stance and take as strong a grip as you've got when in deep rough. Everyone watching KNOWS you're going to have your club face ripped open, and they're just watching like NASCAR to see the destruction unfold. They're surprised when it DOESN'T happen. That four foot walk to the right for your second rough shot is a long, long walk.

3. Be sure to hit whatever clubs you hit the best. Don't hit anything just because of the name on it, or because you WANT to be able to hit it. That's what the driving range is for. You want to hit Titleist tour irons? Great! Train like hell with them, and earn them. Everyone's behind you 100%. But if you're like Madonna in a confession booth and need all the forgiveness they have in stock, then get those forgiveness clubs and shoot them proudly. We're all behind you 100%. And if they're truly ugly, no worries. Just get some head covers that look like a paper sack with eye holes cut in them.

4. Be sure to invest in straight more than in distance. Straight takes a lot of investment, and it takes a lot of love and care. You have to baby straight. You have to talk sweetly to her. You have to make sure she feels like your wife and mistress both. Go to a counselor when your relationship falls on hard times.

Later, you can sneak out and work on distance. Distance you can spit on and call her a *&$#@ and she'll still be sitting there half drunk and ready for a wild time.

5. Be sure to practice your short game more than your drives. Many days you'll be sitting there training alone on the chipping green. Having one heck of a big time, too, as it's fun to get good at the short game. But on those same days where you and a few grizzled comrades are attacking that chipping green like soldiers just back from the front lines, the path to the driving range will be plugged with supplicants who believe that "driving is sexy", and are just sure they'll snag their new ex-wife if only they can blast a 400 yard Bubba-ball off of a $5 high-technology tee with their new bowling ball driver from OMGGOLFSTUFF.com.

6. Be sure to get as detailed a course book as they have for whatever course you are playing. Some are just yardage, but some are every angle, distance, pitch, and lie. Study that book for 20 minutes before you start playing, track how you played the course on it, fill out that book as your scorecard, and study your shots and game in it after the round. Do this, and your game will crackle with electricity 10 times hotter than when you just look over a scorecard after the round.

This is because there is reality, and then there is how we explain reality to ourselves. After a round, our explanations of reality can get a little too far out into the current. The trick is to go back and connect with what really happened, what you really thought you say, how you really played it, and then to figure out how to overcome those obstacles in your game the next time you face them.

Be sure to look around to see if you're by yourself before ripping a loud asz fart on the tee box only to hear an older couple chuckle around the bushes and the man saying..."That sounded wet" lmao

Be sure to not leave your club brush at home...and when you go to leave make sure you didn't leave it attached to the golf cart as you were afraid your nice bag would get dirty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Back