Iron question for the great minds....

jf78251

Reaction score
Handicap
12ish
I current have a set of Callaway X22 irons that i hit really well, but I feel like trying out some other irons for a possible change in the future. I like the looks for the Rocket Bladez and the Speed Bladez. Ive found that I can get singles on the Golfsmith website. My question comes down are these irons comparable to what I have now when it comes to I believe would be the bounce on the sole of the iron. I want something I guess in the Game Improve area as i only play once or twice a month, but still hit the ball pretty consistantly.

I current have a set of Callaway X22 irons that i hit really well, but I feel like trying out some other irons for a possible change in the future. I like the looks for the Rocket Bladez and the Speed Bladez. Ive found that I can get singles on the Golfsmith website. My question comes down are these irons comparable to what I have now when it comes to I believe would be the bounce on the sole of the iron. I want something I guess in the Game Improve area as i only play once or twice a month, but still hit the ball pretty consistantly.

SpeedBlades are insanely long and straight, I think you will gain better, higher launch and distance with an upgrade from the X22's.

I second the speedblades!! I absolutely love mine, long and forgiving

SpeedBlades are long and consistent very nice set of irons

If you want to stay Callaway the Apex and the X2 Hot are not too shabby. Heck, even the original Xhot are pretty darn good. Plenty of options out there in terms of upgrades from what you have.

Thanks for the reply guys. So I wasn't to far off track with something comparable to what I have already. That's good to know. I'll have to check them out and the Callaway offering just to make sure. Any other r
Irons you guys can think of in the same catagory?

Definitely give the X2Hot a try - I was playing around with these while waiting for my lesson today, and they're a really, really nice club - I prefer them to the SpeedBlade.

I'm a big fan of the Mizuno JPX 825s that I put into my bag this year. Those would be in a similar category to the X2Hot and SpeedBlade.

I'm going to say Adams XTD. Amazing value.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you are a callaway homer then definitely check out xhot. They have similar profile and offset as the x22 abs are long and forgiving. If brand is not a factor, speedblades, i25s, adams xtd cross cavity, mizuno jpx ez are all great forgiving clubs

As for brand Im not really stuck on Callaway. Ive had good luck with them in the past, but Id like to try something new and from the replies I have quite a few choices to look at. Thanks again guys.

They discontinued the x series after the x24s were an epic failure. The x 18s were the best line in that series or the x16 steelheads. You're missing out. Go with the speedblades or an offering from Adams like the xtd line or the CB3s. As ugly as the cross cavity XTDs are they actually feel like butter and go deep.

Man, I thought the XTD's felt pretty terrible. They were similar in length some of the longer irons out there, but with the looks/feel I would just go SpeedBlades.

I too put the JPX 825's is play this year. They were among the longest irons I tried and had the tightest dispersion.

I'm a big fan of the Mizuno JPX 825s that I put into my bag this year. Those would be in a similar category to the X2Hot and SpeedBlade.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again for the advice guys!I'll be going to Golfsmith on Saturday so I'll give
them a try.

Back