Show Off Your Homemade Gripping Station

ehamady.6

Vulgar Display Of Power
Reaction score
Handicap
I got tired of paying someone to do something so simple. And requesting multiple wraps to build up the lower hand and placing the logo down was always an adventure. Last winter I made my own station out of scrap wood and a club vise and tape dispensers I found on eBay. It pays for itself fast and it's even fun to use! Friends will bring their clubs and new grips over and I'll regrip them while they wait for a buck a grip which covers the tape and mineral spirits. Just took the station to my dad's house and did his (for free of course). Maybe this thread will inspire others once they see how simple it is. It's great putting on grips EXACTLY how you want them. Here's mine:

ehamady6-albums-ehamady6-album-picture66140-gripstation1.jpg

ehamady6-albums-ehamady6-album-picture66141-gripstation2.jpg

Emil, that is awesome. That shaft clamp is nice. Where did it come from if you don't mind?

JM

Nice little set up there. I've been pondering putting something together to be able to do mine. I like how you have yours put together.

Awesome!

That is awesome dude, WOW!

Mine, is the bathroom sink. Thats it, no vice, no nothing, just the bathroom sink.

That's awesome! Been thinking I need to make my own regripping station but just don't have the room right now. I will have one when we move to a bigger house though.

Emil, that is awesome. That shaft clamp is nice. Where did it come from if you don't mind? JM
I got it off eBay last fall for $40. It's called "The UCO Clubmaker's Golf Vise & Shaft Extractor". There are many clamping systems online that are even cheaper.

That's looks great! We'll done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I got it off eBay last fall for $40. It's called "The UCO Clubmaker's Golf Vise & Shaft Extractor". There are many clamping systems online that are even cheaper.

Thanks for the info. Knowing you, I thought you might have milled it! :alien:

JM

Very nice station! I just do mine on my regular workbench in my shed with rubber shaft protector in vice and all other supplies kept close to the vice on the bench. Don't use the workbench for much other than golf club work.

Looks good dude. I recently starting doing my own regripping, but have no place for a "station" in my house. I've been using a suction vise (which definitely sucks...) on the kitchen counter.

Back