Cobra Bio cell 3 wood or Ping I20 3 wood

archery68

Reaction score
Handicap
So as the title says, which one and why? I had made my mind up to order the cobra 3 wood because the loft adjustments, I like the idea of that. I have now seen Ping I20 3 woods on sale for a good price, they are not adjustable. I have I20 irons so I am not against Pings of course. I do not have anywhere close by to hit these myself so I rely on you all for things such as this. The Ping is more affordable but not as versatile. Thoughts, advice, anything is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Bio will be MUCH more forgiving across the face in my experiences with the two. Length in both are solid, but the Bio will launch higher and be more forgiving.

Thanks Jman. What are your thoughts off the deck with the two?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Jman. What are your thoughts off the deck with the two?

Its close there, for me, the edge goes Bio b/c of the launch and getting it up in a hurry. But if you don't struggle there then I think its 6 in one and a half-dozen in the other.

Its close there, for me, the edge goes Bio b/c of the launch and getting it up in a hurry. But if you don't struggle there then I think its 6 in one and a half-dozen in the other.

I struggle there, are there other models/manufacturers i am missing?

Ordered the cobra bio cell 3-4 wood stiff shaft in orange, wanted to be different. Should be here late this week ir early next week.

Ordered the cobra bio cell 3-4 wood stiff shaft in orange, wanted to be different. Should be here late this week ir early next week.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Be sure to let us know what you think when it comes in!

Thanks for the help with this purchase Jman. Will update when i get to play with it.

Good choice with the BioCell one of the best i have hit this year

Good choice with the BioCell one of the best i have hit this year

Thanks. Cant wait for it to arrive. Been playing golf since 91 and put my first.3 wood in the bag in 2013. Have tried to hit them and like them but never did, i carried a 1 and/or 2 iron. They did everything i needed off the tee or fairway. Was using a steelhead driver until i discovered the rbz driver, what a change. So now am really excited about upgrading to the up to date bio cell 3-4 wood. Cant wait to give it a rip.

My thoughts from decision to buying to playing with the club for the first time. I ordered from Cobra website. I was on there the other day and a box popped up asking if I wanted to chat and I told them I was going to purchase a bio cell 3 wood. The guy Aaaron gave me his phone # so I could call and ask questions. I called and he answered all questions and informed me of the price, which was as cheap as anyone on the web for a new bio cell. I asked if I could order with a midsize grip, he said yes, asked what color and he said no problem, and he would have the custom shop put on a grip with 3 wraps and ship it out with no shipping or upcharge for the grip. I ordered on the 28th from Cobra and I got it yesterday, I was very pleased with the whole experience with Cobra.

I teed up some balls here at home and hit it, wow was the word I think I used. Long with a nice little draw. Keep in mind, after 20 plus years of golf, I just started carrying/hitting a 3 wood. I could not wait to get to the course today. First hole, I hit a bomb with it off of the tee, nice little draw again. The bio cell came set on 14.5 degrees, I like the flight so for now, I think I am going to keep it on that setting. I hit it off of the fairway on some par 5's. I hit some good and some not so good, they all had a slight fade on them hitting from the deck, that was expected. I hit it some more off of the tee and it went south from there, i am not going to blame the bio cell, my game in general sucked big ones today. I was snap hooking it off of the tee. Going to take some getting used to for sure. Being new to 3 woods to begin with, I hope I can get the hang of it. The ball jumps off the face and is very long compared to the Cobra 3 wood I have that is 10-12 years old i am guessing. I love the orange color of the head and grip, I like being different. I think I am over swinging it,(swinging to hard). I got a 3 wood with the first set of clubs I bought and got rid of it shortly there after, this is new to me hitting a fairway wood. I do feel the bio cell is of high quality and when I pure one, it goes.

Appreciate the info. Glad to hear got very good customer service from Cobra as well.

Back