Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Last minute....Playing Brightondale with Rambler at 2pm. $15 to walk or $25 to ride if anyone is available.

It was a fun round, even if the scoring wasn't there.

Wish I could make it. Only 20 miles away!

Good to know - maybe a round to be played in a couple of weeks?

It was a fun round, even if the scoring wasn't there.

Good to know - maybe a round to be played in a couple of weeks?

Definitely possible. We live in appleton but gf/fiancé parents live in the area. If were down here(which will be a lot this summer) I can definitely swing by. Close to Milwaukee, close to Geneva and pretty close from where you guys played today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been dreading practice this year, don't know why. Maybe frustration is setting in a little bit or a case of some golf mental fatigue. Life drama sapping my energy. The game's definitely not in shape yet.

Definitely possible. We live in appleton but gf/fiancé parents live in the area. If were down here(which will be a lot this summer) I can definitely swing by. Close to Milwaukee, close to Geneva and pretty close from where you guys played today.

Sounds good. Bounce a post when you're going to be around.

I've been dreading practice this year, don't know why. Maybe frustration is setting in a little bit or a case of some golf mental fatigue. Life drama sapping my energy. The game's definitely not in shape yet.

Life drama can and does get the best of all of us at some point. Hang in there.

Don't sweat your game brother, everything falls into place eventually. Feel free to give me a shout if you feel up to losing some balls with me.

I get butterflies as well. After the first hole they're gone.

I played highland woods on Sunday. I'd suggest waiting to play it for a couple.weeks. took a hit with the winter. It was still very playable but definitely some brown/dead spots in fairway and on some greens

I'm hoping the crappy weather showing for this weekend ends up the same as it did this past weekend.....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I'm playing Highlands of Elgin on May 4th. I'm hoping the course is in good condition by then. We will be riding also. That is a tough course to walk. .

I'm playing Highlands of Elgin on May 4th. I'm hoping the course is in good condition by then. We will be riding also. That is a tough course to walk. .
We played last weekend, and I would say it is in very good shape overall. A lot of the long grasses have been knocked down with controlled burn, which creates opportunity for some interesting recovery shots. One guy in our group played from the bottom of the quarry floor on #7, up over the bunker onto the green and made 4 on the par 3....prolly would have made 5 if he re-teed.

We are headed to Bowes Creek this weekend, has anyone been yet?

We played last weekend, and I would say it is in very good shape overall. A lot of the long grasses have been knocked down with controlled burn, which creates opportunity for some interesting recovery shots. One guy in our group played from the bottom of the quarry floor on #7, up over the bunker onto the green and made 4 on the par 3....prolly would have made 5 if he re-teed.

I haven't played Bowes but I hope to once the weather warms up. I've heard great things

I haven't played Bowes but I hope to once the weather warms up. I've heard great things

During the longer summer days, get the first tee time at/after 1:00. If the course isn't overly busy, you can get in 36 holes for the $69 member - for - a - day rate.

Lol. #7 is tough! I've been in the quarry and made 5- felt like winning the open. Left is dead. I normally play a draw 6 knock down punch. Even if I'm short it's still gonna run out, I avoided disaster, and the worst I make is 4 (well...in theory anyway).

Regards,

Tom

One of the best courses in the area IMO. Enjoy! Make sure to get there early, they have great practice facilities

Lol. #7 is tough! I've been in the quarry and made 5- felt like winning the open. Left is dead. I normally play a draw 6 knock down punch. Even if I'm short it's still gonna run out, I avoided disaster, and the worst I make is 4 (well...in theory anyway).

Regards,

Tom

I think this is the go to play on the hole...something low and drawing off the hill on the right...I LOVE that golf course.

A buddy of mine and I are playing our own 9 hole match play "league" after work this year. We didn't get into the league we wanted so we are going to do a traveling rota of courses close to home. First night was last night, we played the Tournament 9 at Schaumburg Golf Club. Tee to green the course is in pretty good shape but the greens are terrible. Punched from last year, seeded, bare in spots...really rough.

I shot even par 36... birdied both par 3's and made bogie on two of the par 4's. The putts on the par 3's were both pretty special. My first even par 9, and did it with something on the line. :banana:

It was funny, I made two putts I didn't expect to make but really didn't do anything else special. I didn't drive the ball well at all, in fact I would say I drove it poorly. Short game was better than usual. Fun stuff

I told my wife, She reacted as if I had just described the ham sandwich I had eaten for lunch...."that's good hunny". hahaha... had to tell you guys.

Byron

Great course. Did the member for a day thing last year and had a blast!

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Well,
Bowes is in really good shape and the greens are rolling fast. (relative to anything else I've seen this early) The tough layout, greens and brutal winds yesterday brought me back down to earth. Drove it poorly again and didn't get away with it, striking my irons well. Short game was a mess. For anyone who hasn't been Bowes is a must play!

Well,
Bowes is in really good shape and the greens are rolling fast. (relative to anything else I've seen this early) The tough layout, greens and brutal winds yesterday brought me back down to earth. Drove it poorly again and didn't get away with it, striking my irons well. Short game was a mess. For anyone who hasn't been Bowes is a must play!

I agree! Jim Hauman brought you up last Friday. Really good guy. You and I should get together for a round some time.

I agree! Jim Hauman brought you up last Friday. Really good guy. You and I should get together for a round some time.

Jim is a really good guy, he did a great job fitting two of my buddies as well. Really nice person, it seems that everyone associated with SeeMore is really driven to help you play better golf.

We should def get together for a round!

Did Jim get you set up with something? Bids he tell you about my poor decision making skills at my fitting! It's hard to choose a SeeMore..and I am a putter monogamist so I don't keep one on the side! :)

Last edited:
4 more days until myself and 11 others head up to Grand Geneva! We are playing Hawks View friday, then staying at the resort and playing the highlands saturday and the brute Sunday. I hope the courses are in OK condition!

4 more days until myself and 11 others head up to Grand Geneva! We are playing Hawks View friday, then staying at the resort and playing the highlands saturday and the brute Sunday. I hope the courses are in OK condition!

The weather is looking report is looking good for you for the weekend! I always enjoy Hawks View! I think that will be the sleeper of the trip for you! You guys are going to have a great time... Hit them straight and make some putts! Grand Geneva is a very nice resort... you should love it. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Hawks View is awesome! Hoping the courses drain really well for ya!

Thanks guys! We haven't played any of the courses. I booked hawks view based on recommendations in this thread! I'll take a little soggy as long as the weather is decent since we booked this in February. Ill try to take pictures and will let you all know how it goes!

I hope the weather clears up for my Sunday at Highlands of Elgin round. If it's like it is today I will not be playing. So sick of this crappy weather.

Regards,

Tom

Back