KBS C-Taper Lite or C-Taper?

Rval73

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello all. Hoping to get some thoughts on these shafts. I've read through many posts here and I know these shafts get great reviews. But I'm hoping to get some thoughts on these shafts specificaly with the G25 irons. As everyone knows, the G25s fly pretty high. I've tried them with several shafts and I currently play Recoil 95 F4s in them. I really like the ball flight with the Recoils but I really want to try the C-Tapers before I fully commit to the Recoils. So I would like to know if anyone has tried the G25s with either the CTLs or the regular C-Tapers. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hello all. Hoping to get some thoughts on these shafts. I've read through many posts here and I know these shafts get great reviews. But I'm hoping to get some thoughts on these shafts specificaly with the G25 irons. As everyone knows, the G25s fly pretty high. I've tried them with several shafts and I currently play Recoil 95 F4s in them. I really like the ball flight with the Recoils but I really want to try the C-Tapers before I fully commit to the Recoils. So I would like to know if anyone has tried the G25s with either the CTLs or the regular C-Tapers. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Two different beasts really. The CT's are heavier, low spin, and low launch while the CTL's are lighter, a low/mid spin, and mid/high shaft. The regular CT's also run a bit firm as they were designed with the intentions of being hard or soft stepped.

I really really recommend finding a place to hit them rather than just going in blind on either of them, I honestly can't recommended that enough.

Also, welcome to THP!

I have a feeling the G25's will fit better into the original Ctaper's. I was told they work well with GI heads and I almost put them in my JPX825's but I wanted to get back to a smaller head.

+1 on getting fitted or just build 1 club and see what happens.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately for me, I'm unable to try these shafts in a G25 head anywhere near me. My plan is to try 1 shaft in a 7 iron and see how it goes. First try will be with the C-Taper Lite. I guess I'll post my results for anyone else interested in this combo.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately for me, I'm unable to try these shafts in a G25 head anywhere near me. My plan is to try 1 shaft in a 7 iron and see how it goes. First try will be with the C-Taper Lite. I guess I'll post my results for anyone else interested in this combo.

what shaft do you currently have in the G25? If you want to significantly lower the flight, then the original C-Taper would be the way to go.

I want to try the C-Taper Lite because I need some help getting the ball airborne.

I currently play Recoil 95 f4. If the C-Taper Lite is lower than the stock CFS S I'll be fine with it. I think the regular C-Taper might be too much shaft for me.

I currently play Recoil 95 f4. If the C-Taper Lite is lower than the stock CFS S I'll be fine with it. I think the regular C-Taper might be too much shaft for me.

It won't be lower, in my experience they play very similarly flight wise.

Ok folks, I have an update. I was concerned that the CT- lite would give me too high of a ball flight as I'm already a high ball hitter. But I already bought the shaft so I said what the heck, what do I have to lose. So I put the shaft into my G25 7 iron. Got out to the range today and had a nice long range session. I dont have any specific numbers to show, but what I can say is I was very pleased with the ball flight. It was actually very similar to the Recoil 95 as far as ball flight is concerned. Distance was also very similar to the Recoil. The difference in the 2 for me was that the CT-lite felt more stable to me. It was very smooth and I felt I could really go after it if I had to. Now I know it's pobably just in my head, but there's something about hitting down on the ground with graphite that just kills me. Everytime I hit down with the Recoils I feel like the shaft is gonna snap in half. Again I know its probably just in my head but I think that prevents me from hitting down with them. More in the short irons than anything. The CT-lite was also much better for me than the stock CFS shaft. While not by a huge margin, the CT-lite flew lower for me. And I was atleast a club longer than the CFS. As far as looks go, that satin stepless finish sure looks purdy in the G25. Now I know this was just one range session and the true test will be out on the course, but I sure do like what I'm seeing so far. I will post my on course experience once I play a round or 2 with this 7 iron. I would encourage anyone interested in trying this shaft in the G25 to go for it.

*small disclaimer folks*
I have to mention the I was due for some new grips so I installed some Golf Pride CP2 Pros in all my clubs, from driver to all my wedges. Don't know how much of a role these grips played in my experience with the CT-lite, but they are fantastic! But I'll leave that for another post.

Back