Ultimate Club Testing - Hopkins Wedges - Bradenton/Sarasota

Bumping this, because it's going to be awesome.

Also, for those coming in from out of town, have you found a hotel?

Also, I haven't made travel plans yet, but could get there for a Friday pm round.

I have been waiting to see where the course will be so I can make arrangements, I would be interested in a Friday round also.

The Fairfield Inn we stayed at for the unofficial Gauntlet has a decent deal on hotels.com and was a lot nicer than what I'm seeing available at the first exit over the Manatee River where Waterlefe, Riverstrand and Stoneybrook are. Its only a couple exits south of there.

The Fairfield Inn we stayed at for the unofficial Gauntlet has a decent deal on hotels.com and was a lot nicer than what I'm seeing available at the first exit over the Manatee River where Waterlefe, Riverstrand and Stoneybrook are. Its only a couple exits south of there.
lock it up, good food choices around there too.

Greg,
Ordered my APEX Pros, should have them in by the time I get home next week (I hope I get home next week). Got them with CTL stiff shafts. Can't wait to get them in my hands.

Nice, I figured you wouldn't be able to resist.

lock it up, good food choices around there too.
You boys know which room the party is at.

King of bummed to be missing this one. Even though I already have a 60 degree Hopkins with a Wide grind, this will be a blast for sure.

Troy and I got a room at the Fairfield Inn off University Pkwy if anyone else is looking for a place to get a room.

Greg and I are bunking up and staying at the Fairfield Inn, Fri & Sat nights.

looking forward to this weekend. Love me some club testing

LOL :deadhorse:

Troy and I got a room at the Fairfield Inn off University Pkwy if anyone else is looking for a place to get a room.

Greg and I are bunking up and staying at the Fairfield Inn, Fri & Sat nights.

looking forward to this weekend. Love me some club testing

LOL :deadhorse:

That's the Lakewood Ranch one that we stayed at for the Gauntlet, correct? I can get that for $95 (Senior Rate, heehee). I don't think Seth will mind.

That's the Lakewood Ranch one that we stayed at for the Gauntlet, correct? I can get that for $95 (Senior Rate, heehee). I don't think Seth will mind.
We'll see you there. Its a couple exits south of Waterlefe and Riverstrand, but there's no telling where the testing will take place yet.

We'll see you there. Its a couple exits south of Waterlefe and Riverstrand, but there's no telling where the testing will take place yet.

Sounds like a plan! Everything there is within a few exits. I don't think we could go wrong.

Just don't pull that senior stuff out on the course, Mr. Downthemiddle

booked Friday & Sat.

Been working on my swing down here, swinging a broomstick in front of the sliding glass door to check my posture and turn. Lost some weight, playing 18 holes on Sat. & Sun. walking the local golf course with borrowed clubs. Ready to test some new wedges and play some flat Florida golf again!!

Not to mention getting home and seeing that person (my wife, I seem to remember) who spends my money back in Fl.

Last edited:

I will handle that tonight for me and Ken.

Room 202 better be available (and sterilized).

Check that. I'll let Ken handle it.

Just over two weeks, gents. Can't wait do this weekend.

Once we learn what course it will be held at we can start talking about Friday and Sunday rounds if anyone is interested in either.

Unfortunately, I'm out for Sunday. I have to head up to Orlando that morning.

Friday could possibly work, but I'll also probably be out. Meeting with a client at 11:00 in South Georgia (almost Florida), but I think I still have another four hours to drive after that. I'll probably roll in there around dinner time.

Unfortunately, I'm out for Sunday. I have to head up to Orlando that morning.

Friday could possibly work, but I'll also probably be out. Meeting with a client at 11:00 in South Georgia (almost Florida), but I think I still have another four hours to drive after that. I'll probably roll in there around dinner time.

we will have the shandy waiting my friend

Holy Cow! Ultimate Testing is getting very close, and this thread was buried so far down I had to do an advanced search to find it. Isn't anyone getting excited for this? I am. It's been too long since I've had a weekend with THP!

I'm still disappointed I couldn't make this one. Excited to follow along.

Holy Cow! Ultimate Testing is getting very close, and this thread was buried so far down I had to do an advanced search to find it. Isn't anyone getting excited for this? I am. It's been too long since I've had a weekend with THP!

I'm pumped , I was just talking about this today at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm ready for one, if not two or three rounds of golf with THPers.

Back