Donald Trump buys Turnberry Golf Course and Resort

Give Trump a little bit of time, he will make some silly change to the course and will upset everyone. Just a matter of time, unfortunately.

I actually think he won't change much regarding the course. Why is he so unpopular across the pond? I thought the course he built over there was supposed to be great.

I actually think he won't change much regarding the course. Why is he so unpopular across the pond? I thought the course he built over there was supposed to be great.

Trump tends to go into areas and act like an ugly American. He had been turned down for membership at some great courses and bought courses close just to be a Richard Cranium. He offers crazy membership package to build his membership away from established courses. He does this out of spit. He is about the trump name, nothing more or less.

Trump tends to go into areas and act like an ugly American. He had been turned down for membership at some great courses and bought courses close just to be a Richard Cranium. He offers crazy membership package to build his membership away from established courses. He does this out of spit. He is about the trump name, nothing more or less.

This just goes back to when he had the show on Golf Channel. Seemed like he did a great job of revitalizing some great courses. There's no doubt he's a pompous windbag but who doesn't know that. I think they should give him a chance to do something with Turnberry. Turnberry will definitely get more exposure. I think that's a good thing for golf.

This just goes back to when he had the show on Golf Channel. Seemed like he did a great job of revitalizing some great courses. There's no doubt he's a pompous windbag but who doesn't know that. I think they should give him a chance to do something with Turnberry. Turnberry will definitely get more exposure. I think that's a good thing for golf.

So one of the most storied tracks in golf history, home of some great majors needs trump. Hmmmmm, I don't think so. It would be like him buying Augusta CC just to spit ANGC. He stands for everything that non golfers hate about the game. Money, exclusivity and power.

He is not good for golf he isn't growing game. He is getting silly rich people to plunk down 100s of thousands to play a private course.

So one of the most storied tracks in golf history, home of some great majors needs trump. Hmmmmm, I don't think so. It would be like him buying Augusta CC just to spit ANGC. He stands for everything that non golfers hate about the game. Money, exclusivity and power.

He is not good for golf he isn't growing game. He is getting silly rich people to plunk down 100s of thousands to play a private course.

Did they mention anyone else that was interested in buying it?

Turnberry more exposure?

I could careless. He brings money to the game. Not my favorite person, but I'm not going to lose sleep about it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Turnberry more exposure?

I could careless. He brings money to the game. Not my favorite person, but I'm not going to lose sleep about it.

What money is he bringing to the game?

His investment in multiple courses?

But how does that translate to money for the game and not just for him. He is not bettering the area or community

But how does that translate to money for the game and not just for him. He is not bettering the area or community

I never said he makes money for the game.

I never said he makes money for the game.

Wouldn't bringing money to the game mean the same thing?

Wouldn't bringing money to the game mean the same thing?

Guess we just look at it differently. I looked at it in his money going towards fixing up older courses where the funding may not have been available before.

Have all the courses he's bought needed this? No, of course not. The argument if its been better for the course and the community is a different argument.

He will not change a thing (so he says now) and it may actually hold true but that's only right up until the very minute he may believe any changes would make it better and more beneficial to him. Then the R&A will no longer matter. Here is a man who considered running for president and who at least likes to voice his political views to the public and yet when a clean air energy situation (the windmills) was in his backyard he fought against it. I personally think they are awesome graceful monuments to human engineering but that's another subject. Back to the topic - Not that it would have been any different for any business man or politician (corporate pawn as I like to call them) but Trump is about Trump. But that's Ok, why shouldn't he be? He has that right but its just funny how things can work.

Guess we just look at it differently. I looked at it in his money going towards fixing up older courses where the funding may not have been available before.

Have all the courses he's bought needed this? No, of course not. The argument if its been better for the course and the community is a different argument.

I guess I see it differently. 98% of the golfing world won't be able to play his courses. I see that as an issue. Trump national/international courses are uber private

I don't like Trump being associated with golf at any level. His greed and slimy way of doing business is not what our game needs on any level. To think he could be hosting majors at his places doesn't have any appeal to
me.

I guess I see it differently. 98% of the golfing world won't be able to play his courses. I see that as an issue. Trump national/international courses are uber private

I don't think it's perfect by any means, but I do think there are worse scenarios.

I don't think it's perfect by any means, but I do think there are worse scenarios.

Yeah, tiger is designing a course :D

He's a smart man when it comes to real estate and I think he knows he can make money off this as well as host what he really wants, a major.

I was just in Henderson, NV. We stayed at something called Lake Las Vegas. 2 of the 3 courses were weeded over and bankrupt. These were supposed to be high dollar clubs. I guess i'd rather see Trump take over than see the course shut down. The article mentioned they were affected by the economical downturn. How bad? Were the owners forced to sell because of economy?

I was just in Henderson, NV. We stayed at something called Lake Las Vegas. 2 of the 3 courses were weeded over and bankrupt. These were supposed to be high dollar clubs. I guess i'd rather see Trump take over than see the course shut down. The article mentioned they were affected by the economical downturn. How bad? Were the owners forced to sell because of economy?

That's kind of my way of looking at it. Someone buying Turnberry, even someone as...unpleasant...as Donald Trump, is still better than the alternatives. A great course left to go to weeds, or a massive "investment" group that will keep mediocre personnel maintaining some semblance of status quo so long as it's a net profit. One can happily argue that Trump does things that line his pockets and stroke his ego, but dollars to donuts he'll have any course he owns in fantastic condition when the tour comes to town.

Back