Wrapping my brain around slices and hooks

Interesting. I must be seeking out the wrong instructors.
Ironically, David leadbetter, did not do that either. He held one of my wedges in his hand the hole time, but never touched (nor did I) my 8 iron i dont believe.
Nah, I have a sneaking suspicion you are more skilled than the average student, JB.

One more thing Freddie. is it possible that by closing the face of the club, then rotating the shoulders (i.e. dropping the right), that I started getting used to a more inside out swing, and maybe I was starting to do that automatically after 50 balls or so? And that explains why things worked for a while, and then stopped? Not sure, but the face of the club is definitely open at impact. If I take my normal swing, and just close the club face (from say 12 o'clock to 11), it goes straight. When I combine that with a more inside out path (i.e. rotating shoulders a bit) it mostly goes straight. But straight to the right, straight to the left, or dead center. A lot of variables at work here, but I think i have a lot more data now.

170 balls with the driver is a lot of lumber to swing. I would say that is a bit much but if that's how you want to practice, more power to you. Just know you don't need to hit that many shots to improve. It's actually does more harm than good. You begin to groove what ever more your putting on the ball, which could be all wrong but producing a shot you like. I might cut that back to 30 balls. But with each swing you take your time to make sure you are all set and not rushing through the process.

I have a question. When you hover the club head behind the ball, what is the ball position in relation to the face? Is you right arm relaxed? Are you wrist neutral or pointed upward? Is you right leg remaining flexed through the entire swing?

When you close the face, is done when you grip the club or are your adjusting the face of the driver to closed setting? What is regular shoulders?

170 balls with the driver is a lot of lumber to swing. I would say that is a bit much but if that's how you want to practice, more power to you. Just know you don't need to hit that many shots to improve. It's actually does more harm than good. You begin to groove what ever more your putting on the ball, which could be all wrong but producing a shot you like. I might cut that back to 30 balls. But with each swing you take your time to make sure you are all set and not rushing through the process.

I have a question. When you hover the club head behind the ball, what is the ball position in relation to the face? Is you right arm relaxed? Are you wrist neutral or pointed upward? Is you right leg remaining flexed through the entire swing?

When you close the face, is done when you grip the club or are your adjusting the face of the driver to closed setting? What is regular shoulders?

I answered some of your questions in the other thread, but let me answer some here. I have no idea if my right arm is relaxed. Was focusing on other things! Regard wrists, I can see more than 2 knuckles on the left wrist at address. I had to strengthen it that much. Not sure that answered your question. No idea on the right leg either. I will get you that video. Regarding the face of the club, when I hold the driver straight in front of me, I have to turn the club face to 11 o'clock. Then when I address the ball, I don't need to do anything else but leave it closed, and when I swing she goes straight and long. If I rotate the shoulders (which opens the club face back to square), I get a straight long shot, but less consistently then just closing the face and whacking it.

I can also strengthen the grip considerably, and also get it to go straight and long.

Back