Kick Butt Laser Range Finder

I have a Bushnelle v3 that uses a CR2 battery. I believe these use the same. Walmart sells a 2 pack in the electronics section for $10.

Yep, their site says it uses the CR2. Sweet, I'll just pick up an extra over there then, thanks - just wasn't familiar with this type of battery.

This range finder seems good. Might have to check these out as I am im in the market for one

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see what the long term reliability of these rangefinders are. I did buy a neon beer light for my man cave direct from China last year but it was $50 vs. $350 for the name brand one.

Personally I'd rather spend a little more for a new one from Nikon, Callaway, Bushnell, or Leupold. My buddy got a Callaway Razr on sale at Dick's recently for $199. Another buddy of mine bought a Nikon Monarch 800 used for $100.

It will be interesting to see what the long term reliability of these rangefinders are. I did buy a neon beer light for my man cave direct from China last year but it was $50 vs. $350 for the name brand one.

Personally I'd rather spend a little more for a new one from Nikon, Callaway, Bushnell, or Leupold. My buddy got a Callaway Razr on sale at Dick's recently for $199. Another buddy of mine bought a Nikon Monarch 800 used for $100.

Just some info.
Nikon licensed the name Callaway to make rangefinders.
They stopped that this year.
Nikon continues to make them under their own name.

I bought one of these about 6 months ago and it has been great so far. It's always with in a yard of my buddies Bushnell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, this thread got a lot bigger than I ever anticipated. So since I first started gaming this last March, I have nothing but good things to say about it. In the 13.5 months this has been in my bag, I'd say I've played at least 60 18-hole rounds. The battery just died on me this past Friday. Unbelievable battery life. The V2 I borrowed lasted all of 10 rounds. It was borrowed but I gamed it for 9 of those then.
The only slight I have against the Kickbutt is that getting a reading from a target 250+ out can be unreliable sometimes. I noticed this recently in the last few months. It may have been because the battery was running low. It doesn't tell you that the battery is low until it is on its last few button pushes. So, it might be kosher to always keep an extra CR2 battery in your bag. I felt completely lost without being able to know precise distances to pins and targets.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Wow that is strange, because on my Bushnell devices, I get WAY more battery life than that. Perhaps since you borrowed it from someone, it was a very old battery considering the device is several years old now.

I have only used mine a handful of times so far but have found it very reliable. Distances seem to be right on. My gps almost never gets used on my home course now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Does this rangefinder work on every pin, or only on pins with reflectors?

This is on my ponder list. Just read through all the posts. Seems like a good value for the price.

This is on my ponder list. Just read through all the posts. Seems like a good value for the price.

Saw your post in the equipment pondering thread. I think you found exactly what your looking for right here

Saw your post in the equipment pondering thread. I think you found exactly what your looking for right here

I think so too. It seems very similar to my Leupold GX-1 that I gave away. I don't need anything fancy and it seems like the long term reviews are positive.

I want to thank everyone for their comments on the Kick Butt. I was going to purchase the Breaking 80 Rangefinder, but it is no longer available. Then I found the Kick Butt and will probably be ordering one this week. I am a high handicap (16-18) player and am tired of the front, middle, back of the GPS finders. I am confident that with the Kick Butt I can lower my handicap. I live out west and play 50-80 rounds per year. Everyone gave great information.

Let us know how it works for you!

Keep us updated. This is on my ponder list.

I have one of these and I find it very helpful when trying to determine where the flag is in relation to the green...I like the GPS units that I cam see the course layout but sometimes you need to know where the flag is

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Received my Kick Butt with 2 day Priority Mail and no shipping charges in 3 days. I checked out some yardage at a course near me as I was marshalling, but did not play until yesterday. It worked great! I was very impressed with the yardage as my friend has a more expensive Bushnell and I was within a yard or two every time. I now have more confidence in my game and will continue to make more strides. Thank you everyone for your insight and thoughts. This is definitely a great product at a much lower price. I am very happy with this purchase & anyone who on the fence about buying one, make sure you get one, it sure is well worth the price.

No offense, but they look really cheap to me. I'd feel much more comfortable spending a little more for a brand I can trust.

Was able to sell some things to get the funds to purchase one of these. Got it yesterday. Thing seems of pretty good quality. I'm happy with it right off the bat in that aspect. Now to use it.

And when you guys are shooting pins do you try to get the pin or the flag? My hands are kinda shaky and wondering what works best. Hopefully I can steady em up when I get out there.

I have the same model as the Kick Butt here in Australia. Best option I find is to press and hold the read button, about 2m to the left of the flag, and slowly pan across the flag to 2m on the other side. That will give you the closest distance of the objects just scanned and never seems to fail for me.

Easier than trying to hit the flag with a single push burst particularly if you have shake in your hands.

I have the same model as the Kick Butt here in Australia. Best option I find is to press and hold the read button, about 2m to the left of the flag, and slowly pan across the flag to 2m on the other side. That will give you the closest distance of the objects just scanned and never seems to fail for me.

Easier than trying to hit the flag with a single push burst particularly if you have shake in your hands.
I'll give it a shot, thanks!

Just ordered this. Max 600. Thanks for all who I PM'd. Excited to have a rangefinder back in the bag.

Back