Is par always a good score

If you told me on the tee box that I would make par, I would be happy. If I miss an easy birdie putt, then I am disappointed.

This is pretty much how I feel. I'd always take par standing on a tee box, but can still be upset about missing a birdie or eagle putt inside 10ft

Par is almost always a good hole. Except the other day. Par 5, hit a wedge for my third shot to 2'. Walked up confident...and missed the birdie putt. Par was not a good score.

I think par is always good. You aren't moving the wrong direction and that's always a good thing. Now there are always those "dang it, I should have not missed that three footer" pars that are immensely disappointing. Still, par is always good.

If I am playing a par 5 and I have an iron in my hand on my second shot going for the green and I walk away with par, then I'm disappointed.

I will take 18 of them.

Our college coach always said playing for Par was the goal.... 18 pars does get you to a decent score I would say. More pars
Typically means more birdie chances

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

With the exception of hitting par 5s in two, par is a great score. I'll take 18 straight and smile all the way home.

Par is good.

I'll take 18 of them every time, please.
Nick Faldo took 18 pars all the way to the British Open title.

3 putt pars on pars 5's are my least favorite. I've had hundreds of them.

For a higher handicap player like me, par is absolutely a good score.

I'm never sad about par. Might be frustrated, but I'd rather be frustrated walking off with a par than walking off with something worse. You don't often lose ground with pars.

I would take 18 pars every day if I could.

Odds are some of those pars were decent birdie chances.

Of course par isn't the "best" but if I am on the green putting for birdie, it's a great situation to be in. Missing a birdie putt isn't what you hope for, but getting it close enough for an easy par is what my goal is every time I play.

I was recently on a par 5 in 2 and three putted for a par. It was a bad score, as it lost me the entire 9.

I'd rather miss a 5 foot putt for bird, than a 5 foot for par. Using that logic, I deduce Par is best...wait what?:dont-know:

It is disappointing not to convert easy birdie opportunities, but a scorecard full of pars is going to better a vast majority of your opponents every time.

It always hurts to miss short easy birdie putts but the worst (as many have noted) are the eagle putts that become pars. Still though, a par is never bad on the scorecard, but sometimes hurts the psyche.

Par is always a good score to me.

Yes haha

Par is better than most for me though holing out 20 foot putts for a snowman has a warm feeling all its own.

It is all relative to your level of play. I love pars,birdies are great but bogie is ok. at my level,playing smart is paramount.Who knows when a small dimple in the green will turn your ball just outside the cup for a birdie attempt,only to flinch and miss your par. Each individual,the course you play and the conditions are all relative to the outcome.. I would love to birdie every hole,settle for par? Yes but if I bogie,it makes me try to do better on the next hole. Just my opinion.

Depends on the hole and the event--if you are loosing a shot to the field on an easy par 5, It hurts just like the 3 putt bogie.

I still think that par is always a good and fair measuring stick

I'll always take a par even if I miss a short birdie putt as I know I would have taken par back on the tee...

Par is ALWAYS a good score for me. Sure I'm disappointed if I have a 3 putt par, but hey, it's par! If I have 18 of those, it's a darn good day on the course for me.

For me and my game at this point par is a good score and I will take them all day. Hopefully in a couple years this will no longer be the case.

Par is GREAT score always.

If I happen to miss a short birdie putt I am disappointed for a very brief moment. But when I write that 4 or 3 or 5 on the card, I perk up.

Back